Saints Row 2 Fixing a cutscene bug

That's not my screenie. I grabbed the link off Steam community. I don't get that bug at all, ever.

For me, it didn't happen when I first played the game but after accidentally deleting and having to redownload my entire Steam library and trying the game again I started getting it. Both times using GotR, both times on the exact same computer. As IdolNinja called it, it's lolport at its finest.

Fun little fact slightly related: First time I had to Powertool the game because of the fast speed bug along with using GotR for some other bugfixing, second time I didn't need to do it at all. And once again, all on the same computer.

I want to playtest a bugged cutscene at 1080p to see if it still does it (as a control test), then again at lower resolutions (such as 720p, and most importantly try 4:3 resolutions) to test again. But I can't remember the names of the missions that did it.

I personally have seen the bug happen in Jailbreak for the first scene (the guards clip through walls and even The Boss' hospital bed) and last scene (when on the boat with Carlos, the boat will clip through both characters)

I personally have seen the bug happen in Jailbreak for the first scene (the guards clip through walls and even The Boss' hospital bed) and last scene (when on the boat with Carlos, the boat will clip through both characters)
I second the second problem. When Carlos and the Boss are standing on the boat, they are pushed back...

How strange, I just played through the mission and got the exact same image. I hadn't noticed any problems like this until today, when I re-installed GOTR. I thought the problem could have been that I changed my characters height from 6ft to 7ft. Although you're ruling out the mod as being the source of the problem I just thought I'd give my input.

I have the same issue and tried many different things to see if i could fix it but never get any results. It seems like the people are not where they are suppose to be standing cause on the first cutscene with the prison guards when they are walking it seems like they are constantly shifting positions

I never had this bug on my previous computer. That one was using the older version, not a steam one. When I lost that hard drive contents and thus the copy of the game (on one of those failed digital services that folded, so no getting it back) I bought a new Steam copy. I didn't have it at first but now I've noticed it coming back. It's weird, it didn't happen at first, but after hours and hours of gameplay it started happening.

I wonder if a: it's a Steam version bug (only he newest patch levels in other words), or b: it's something that happens over time, some really really esotteric bug. Are the people having it right in jailbreak playing the first time total, or have they played before? Does it happen when you first start the game total with no playing before? Does deleting all the profiles/etc and starting anew cause it immediately?

I'm just confused because for me it actually came later, in the one save, not in a new one.

Back