All New Character Customization

God damnit, I knew I forgot something.
Thanks!

EDIT: Still doesn't work, now it just kicks me out of the game.

Just wanted to ask, why are they called vanilla skins? And I love these if you could would you possibly make more make up options

"Vanilla" means "normal, original, regular, ordinary".
Unedited, like vanilla ice.

God damnit, I knew I forgot something.
Thanks!

EDIT: Still doesn't work, now it just kicks me out of the game.
First unpack the VPP_PC archive, then update the ASM_PC file, then repack. Replace the old VPP_PC archive in \packfiles\pc\cache (first make a backup of the vanilla VPP_PC archive!), and you can play the game. Though it isn't really needed to repack the VPP_PC archive, you can also place all those files in the root where your exe is, only thing then is that your root will be a bloody mess.

I had a similar problem. If you have a loose file in your root that is also included in the .vpp_pc file spit out by this great, great mod, it can cause a problem. Specifically, a custom skin mod bork'd my install, because there already was one in the .vpp_pc this mod spit out (so, user error, not JD's).

Extracting the .vpp_pc it gives you in to your root, and working from there (updating ALL .asm_pc's when done moving files) worked for me, BUT, it is not a method acknowledged or condoned by this mod's author, JediDave, so you'd be doing it at your own risk. I hereby relieve myself of all responsibility should this action be taken by you or anyone you've ever met.

I talked to IdolNinja about it in chat, and he (agreeing with me) found it odd that a "loose files" option is not given when generating the mod you want, but that may be because JediDave knows these specific files better, and may have found a problem with doing that.
I'm only just now getting in to actually putting all these tattoo graphics I made in to the game, so I wouldn't know (at least not yet).

Actually, by having the entire VPP_PC file loose in my root, and the ASM_PC file updated with gameqube's ASM updater, it works fine. Little longer loading time, but no errors.

Back