Hello!

So i'll get straight to the point. I have been having this issue for a while and something similar happens with The Sims 4 and SRTT when I have ReShade installed in it too. I start up the game, get into the main menu, load my most recent game, and when it's done loading, it just cuts out the audio and crashes 3 seconds later. I tried some things like changing the compatibility mode setting in the .exe properties, changing dxgi to d3d11, and removing all of my mods. I feel as if I'm the only one who has this issue and there's nothing on the internet that can help me, not even the godforsaken shit of the official ReShade forums. I tried asking for some assistance there but everybody would rather help themselves and not even bother with my issues. I honestly wish for some kind of support email or team instead of waiting months for a single person to help.

I apologize for that side rant but I had to get my frustrating experience on that forum. Anyways, I hope someone helps so I can get back to playing with some good looking visuals because this whole thing is really frustrating with it always causing issues. On a side note though, the game also does the same thing when I try to change a setting. It also happens in Max Payne 3 too but I easily fixed by doing it in-game. Sadly I can't do that until I figure out why ReShade is crashing my game.

Last edited:
Hello,

I had the same problem earlier on in the week and remember coming across this page. I couldn’t find anything online so I started to do some random things in my files. Surprisingly it worked! So I had the problem where whenever I click “play” on a household, it would be on the loading screen and randomly crash. I figured that it was because of the reshading settings. So what I did was go onto the C Drive and the Sims game file then went onto “bin” and you can see a few files then end with .dll. What I did was delete the “d3d9.dll“ files and then I loaded up the Sims again and it worked! No more crashes! Please try it and let me know if it works or not. I know how you feel as it was so frustrating for me especially since I couldn’t find any answers online so decided to help myself out by trying a few things. People kept saying to rename that d3d9.dll file but it didn’t work for me, deleting it worked. Hope this helps!

Hello!

So i'll get straight to the point. I have been having this issue for a while and something similar happens with The Sims 4 and SRTT when I have ReShade installed in it too. I start up the game, get into the main menu, load my most recent game, and when it's done loading, it just cuts out the audio and crashes 3 seconds later. I tried some things like changing the compatibility mode setting in the .exe properties, changing dxgi to d3d11, and removing all of my mods. I feel as if I'm the only one who has this issue and there's nothing on the internet that can help me, not even the godforsaken shit of the official ReShade forums. I tried asking for some assistance there but everybody would rather help themselves and not even bother with my issues. I honestly wish for some kind of support email or team instead of waiting months for a single person to help.

I apologize for that side rant but I had to get my frustrating experience on that forum. Anyways, I hope someone helps so I can get back to playing with some good looking visuals because this whole thing is really frustrating with it always causing issues. On a side note though, the game also does the same thing when I try to change a setting. It also happens in Max Payne 3 too but I easily fixed by doing it in-game. Sadly I can't do that until I figure out why ReShade is crashing my game.

Same issue

Hello, read my reply to “Colbydash” above. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
ReShade 4.7 installations will require removal of old (legacy) shaders, they don't mesh well with new.
So, remove (to a safe directory) or delete:
"reshade-shaders" folder
"DefaultPreset.ini"
"Reshade.ini"
Download and install most recent ReShade ( https://reshade.me/ ). Installation will tell you NOT to download legacy shaders AND new...

@kashmir565:
Saints Row IV should be run under DX11 for best quality and performance, unless you play games on a potato. ;)

Good luck, happy gaming!

Back