Uh, I tried using this Mod Manager but my anti-virus detected it as a Trojan. Is this safe?
Yes, it's safe. There's no trojan. It's just a simple batch file. You can read all the code yourself and see that it's not a trojan. :)
I'm not sure what your anti-virus software is doing, but it's not correct.

Eh, I think my Kaspersky Anti-Virus might of saw this as a Trojan.
This happened before with Steam but this is from a website I haven't trusted yet.
Imma stay away from this manager for a bit.

Eh, I think my Kaspersky Anti-Virus might of saw this as a Trojan.
This happened before with Steam but this is from a website I haven't trusted yet.
Imma stay away from this manager for a bit.
I understand your hesitation on a new website. I am the same way. I have some Mafia II mods I've downloaded but am hesitant to install too.
And I realize the assurances of a total stranger don't help a lot. :D
I always make the source code for all of my mods public so anyone can inspect it. If you don't understand source code, feel free to have someone you trust inspect it.

Last edited:
Heya Quantum,

Thanks a bunch for this (and the tons of other stuff you offer/provide/do) :)

New to this site and haven't read this whole thread in detail, just skimmed and didn't see this question in the FAQ...
So excuse my newness if this is an answered question. :)

I plan on using your guide and mod manager .bat files, but I play most of my games, to include all the SR games, off my D: drive, not C: (it is an SSD).
Will I be able to use your tools easily or be able to edit the .bat files by replacing "C:" with "D:" on most entries?

Thanks

I plan on using your guide and mod manager .bat files, but I play most of my games, to include all the SR games, off my D: drive, not C: (it is an SSD).
Will I be able to use your tools easily or be able to edit the .bat files by replacing "C:" with "D:" on most entries?
Yes! You can install the game anywhere, and Simple Mod Manager will work fine. Installing the game on the D: drive is no problem at all.

when I want to mod the game with mission replay mod it gives me a bunch of access is denied errors what should I do?
You'll have to give me a lot more details than that. I need to know exactly which mod you are installing and the exact steps you've taken to install it. Without that information, I can't help you.

Back