NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

So did you add a more variety of vehicles, cause I found mission vehicles in the deckers area
I found a saints raider like right now!?
And I also found some pony carts

Welcome back to Steelport!

This is basically the same thing as my mod for SR3 which shares the same name. The overall goal here is to make fucking around in the open world much more fun, and to bring a lot of character and emergent gameplay back to Virtual Steelport.

Improved Spawns:

-Dozens of new NPCs and vehicle variants spawn on the streets of Virtual Steelport! Unused SR3 pedestrians and animations have been added back into the game!

-Unique spawns for each neighborhood have been imported from my SR3 mod, leading to much greater diversity in different areas of the city!

-Randomization of NPC items and props! Sometimes an NPC will be wearing a hat or glasses, sometimes not! Wowee! Their height also varies as well, so everyone isn't the exact same length anymore, which was kind of weird.

-Huge changes to notoriety! Fight cops and swat from levels 1-2, the military at level 3, and much more threatening zin from levels 4-6.

-Civilian helicopters cruise through the skies!

-Super powered enemies will randomly spawn on the street! Super Genki, your evil doppelgängers, toilets, and more!

-All available enemy gangs will spawn on the streets of Virtual Steelport! Crazy gunfights can break out in an instant!

-Watch out for Ninjas. They will fuck you up.

-Enhances Sandbox+'s zombie spawning feature! Zombies can now spawn alongside regular npcs!
(Keep in mind that zombies will not spawn in rainy weather due to a bug with the zombie flag, use the clearskies cheat for normal weather)

Enemy gangs and their home turf

All gangs can spawn in any neighborhood, but are likeliest to spawn here:

Brotherhood- Salander, New Baranec
Luchadores- Yearwood, Port Pryor
Deckers- Burns Hill, Ashwood, Brickston
Morningstar- Loren Square, Sunset Park,
Vice Kings- Camano Place, Espina, Rosen Oaks
Ronin- Henry Steel Mills, Wesley Cutter Intn'l
Sons of Samedi- Bridgeport, The Grove
Militants- Loren Square, Wesley Cutter Intn'l

Improved Behaviour:

-Aggressiveness of all pedestrians and NPCs has been increased towards each other and the player! Civilians will behave much more chaotically instead of running!

-Wardens and NPCs have been given improved reaction time, making them more challenging to fight!

-All NPCs have an improved arsenal of weapons!

-Super enemies are much more threatening, they will react and attack much faster.

Random Changes:

-Increases the radius of rift glitch effects!

-Greatly reduces the frequency of the "glitching" effect on buildings, vehicles, and NPCs.

-Includes the official and original rain mod for SR4!

-Increases cash rewards for grabbing collectible items, and completing flashpoints!

-You won't fall off of motorcycles as easily anymore!

To Install: Extract to your SR4 folder:

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\saints row iv

This mod also includes two other files, rain.xtbl and weather.xtbl which add random rainstorms back into the game, and
disable the post-game weather.
Move them into your SR4 directory from the "Optional Files" folder if you want this.

This mod is compatible with both Sandbox+ and Dark Rain mods. Please install it after them to avoid problems. Only use the preload_anim.vpp_pc file from this mod as it contains many animations that are not included in other mods' archives.

Bugs:

The game may hang on the loading screen following the mission 1 cutscene. Uninstall the mod and re-install it after the cutscene to get around this.

Currently not compatible with the Saints Save Christmas DLC missions. You must uninstall the mod prior to playing them. Removal is not necessary to play the Naughty and Nice and Holiday M.O.M activities.

DLC homies (minus the ones from EtD) currently do not work, due to limited space for character entries.

Latest Update: v44 adds an updated tweak_table file from the latest Expanded Arsenal mod.

Thanks to:
Gibbed and Minimaul - for the tools
Idolninja - for his modding enthusiasm and help
GPZ - for compiling a list of unused peds in character_definitions and saving me a lot of time

If you encounter a bug, please post about it here.

View attachment 6230 View attachment 6231 View attachment 6232 View attachment 6233 View attachment 6234 View attachment 6235 View attachment 6236 View attachment 6237 View attachment 6238 View attachment 6239 View attachment 6240 View attachment 6241 View attachment 6242 View attachment 6243 View attachment 6244 View attachment 6245

Hello all. I'm testing out some ideas. If I delete the ai_personalities and ai_behavior files from this mod, would 1. this affect any of the new npc spawns and 2. would all npcs (including the new ones) revert to default (vanilla) game settings?

I'm checking on mod functionality within separate components, just to get used to the scripting format and to see what changes are most noticeable within the game between vanilla and mods (I'm thinking of tweaking a LOT of features within 7 mods, so I'm attempting to get a clearer understanding of the AI aspects).

*EDIT: Nevermind. Just did the removal and updated ASM's with no noticeable errors. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Been having a similar problem with some others here regarding the superpowered enemy spawns. Honestly, I could just do without them entirely, save for the designated activities where I have to find and kill them. Which files do I need to mess with to make this happen? I'd rather not have to uninstall/reinstall just to get around certain bits in the game............like the Nytefall loyalty mission!

There are a lot of comments and pretty much only on the last two pages, asking how to disable or maybe greatly reduce the frequency of super power enemy spawning. Maybe one of the last updates made this change?

It really breaks many of the activities as they'll fling you up into the air and you die really quickly. The tank mayhem game is the worst, you can play for several minutes getting gold and then a super enemy spawns, you don't see them and they instantly warp you out of the tank and you're dead. Everything else in the mod is really great it's just the guys with the telekinesis or whatever they are spawning with that is making them do this.

He forgot 2 Gangs: Westside Rollerz and Los Carnales.
That's because those two gangs aren't used for ANYTHING in SR4. He'd need to add in the Rollerz and Carnales and I don't believe the current modding tools would allow him to do that.

There are a lot of comments and pretty much only on the last two pages, asking how to disable or maybe greatly reduce the frequency of super power enemy spawning. Maybe one of the last updates made this change?

It really breaks many of the activities as they'll fling you up into the air and you die really quickly. The tank mayhem game is the worst, you can play for several minutes getting gold and then a super enemy spawns, you don't see them and they instantly warp you out of the tank and you're dead. Everything else in the mod is really great it's just the guys with the telekinesis or whatever they are spawning with that is making them do this.
Ugh, THIS. It can also affect some of the missions as well.

a lot of people have the problem with the over powered super civs
I'm not a moder so I don't know if my method is correct or not
I went in to the spawn_info_groups.xtbl and found out all those super civs were under the group name of "Genki"
<Group>
<Name>spawn_Civ_Genki</Name>
<Vehicles></Vehicles>
<_Editor>
<Category>Entries:SR3_City:Civilian:Specialty_Spawns</Category>
</_Editor>
<GeneralFlags>
</GeneralFlags>
<Spline_Type>All Roads</Spline_Type>
<Characters>
<Character>GenkiGood</Character>
<Character>npc_target_blowupdoll</Character>
<Character>npc_target_Bundestrojaner</Character>
<Character>npc_target_CIH</Character>
<Character>npc_target_questionmark</Character>
<Character>npc_target_saliarar</Character>
<Character>npc_target_toilet</Character>
<Character>npc_cop_swat_riot</Character>
<Character>npc_cop_swat_riot_s</Character>
</Characters>

So than I went to check spawn_info_categories with the word "Genki"
and found that it is been organized with each part of the city with a chance of spawn and how many there could be day and night
<Group>
<Name>spawn_Civ_Genki</Name>
<DayChance>0.40</DayChance>
<NightChance>0.40</NightChance>
<DayCap>1</DayCap>
<NightCap>1</NightCap>
<Item_Carried>None</Item_Carried>
<Carry_Percent>0</Carry_Percent>
<Group_Category>Special Ped</Group_Category>
<VehicleDayCap>0</VehicleDayCap>
<VehicleNightCap>0</VehicleNightCap>
</Group>

So I changed my Day/Night Chance from 0.60 to 0.40 and my Day/Night Cap from 3 to 1 (have to changed all of the Genki sections due to it is divided by parts of the city )
I think this would changed the amount of super civs spawning
I do like them in the game but not that many of them.

to delete them all I'm not sure but maybe deleting the houl group of spawn_Civ_Genki in spawn_info_groups.xtbl ...?
not sure with this

all testing....

Found another method to deactivate the super powers of civilians :
in the character.xtbl
find the word (CTRL+F): <Flag>has_super_powers</Flag>
and look up for name
example:

<Character>
<Name>GenkiGood</Name> <= Here's the name
the name <_Editor>
<Category>Entries:pedestrians</Category>
</_Editor>
<Character>professorgenki</Character>
<Spawn_Info_Rank>Genki</Spawn_Info_Rank>
<Team>Neutral Gang</Team>
<AI_Personality>Genki</AI_Personality>
<Cash>
<Coin>8</Coin>
<Min>10</Min>
<Max>20</Max>
<Dollar>
<Min>100000</Min>
<Max>100000</Max>
</Dollar>
</Cash>
<Filters>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
</Filters>
<Color_Palette>NPC_Genki</Color_Palette>
<Flags>
<Flag>use_knees_and_elbows</Flag>
<Flag>suppress_synced_attacks</Flag>
<Flag>use_leg_bone_constraints</Flag>
<Flag>ungrabbable</Flag>
<Flag>no_instagib</Flag>
<Flag>has_ultra_shield</Flag>
<Flag>has_super_powers</Flag> <==super powers
<Flag>immune_to_shrink</Flag>
<Flag>never_be_frozen</Flag>
<Flag>never_catch_fire</Flag>
</Flags>
<StreamCategory>Spawnable Civilian</StreamCategory>
<Firearm_Damage_Multiplier>5.0</Firearm_Damage_Multiplier>
<Headshot_Multiplier>1.0</Headshot_Multiplier>
<behavior_override>Super Enemy Boss</behavior_override>
</Character>

So what I did was delete the "<Flag>has_super_powers</Flag>" and make sure not to leave a blank space
the Character that you choose to delete super powers won't cast powers anymore, they'll become high HP CIV with guns or

melee
I kept a few with super powers like Genki, Warden, targets, and Zin just to keep the game more challenging

one thing I'm a little uncertainty is with the names with npc_target, which the toilets, and question mark CIVs only appears here
So I deleted those 2 npc_target super power lines, but left the rest open for challenging game play maybe.

Back