Sandbox+ for SRTT

When you finish making the stuff for the superpowers, is there any chance you could make an alternate version of the superpowers toggle without the comic effects? because it's neat to have them, but they're a bit silly.

edit sr3_city.lua and search for the following:
function add_superpowers()

Within that function, comment out the following line by adding "--" preceding it:
Code:
--dlc3_m03_punch_load()

That's it. No more cartoony word balloons when you gib people.

I need your help!

The effects for the super powered running kind of suck, and I'm hoping that some brave soul(s) will test out some different ones and find something better to use. So, how do you try new ones? Easy peasy.
Open dlc3_effects.xtbl that came with the mod and the very first entry you'll see at the top is for VFX_SuperRun. Right below that is a <visual> tag, and in that tag is the effect to change. I changed it over to vfx_rollerblade_burst, but there are a ton of different ones you can try from misc_tables.vpp_pc\effects.xtbl.

Here are some of the ones I think look pretty good:
vfx_genki_gun_trail
Wep_CyberGun_HitFX
vfx_cybergun_projectile
VTOL_Missiles

NOTE: Effects changes will only show up visually in-game if it's one that's preloaded, so you can check within preload.effects.vpp_pc and see if it actually is before you try it. You can also experiment with effects for the VFX_SuperBall (which I have set to Wep_Moltov_Trail) for the trail. The actual hadouken explosion I have set in dlc3_explosions.xtbl in the dlc3_fireball entry, under <Effect> as Vtol_Missiles_Exp. You can swap out and try different explosions from misc_tables.vpp_pc/explosions.xtbl too if you want.

Looking forward to some input/suggestions.

.45 alpha released! Check the OP for download!
(...)
* WOOHOO! SUPERPOWERS NOW WORK CORRECTLY! :D
NOTE: A couple of the effects like the hadouken trail and the running light fx currently have substitions until we can get the actual mission fx correctly tied in.
(...)
C-o-n-g-r-a-t-u-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-! Even with temporary effects it looks extremely well.

And if anyone of you want to have temporary hadouken projectile model, move the attached XTBL to game's main folder. DLC missions should do fine but I give no guaranty for that... freeroam works well though :)

Attachments

• dlc3_weapons.xtbl
    117.9 KB · Views: 654
Are these the same effects for the cntrl+(key) setup? cos if they are, I'm having a blast with them! Especially inside vehicles with invulnerabilty on in FPS mode. I also have a question. Do I need to alter another file besides control_binding_sets.xtbl in order to swap the Left Shift teleport key to Right Shift? This should prevent teleporting back to HQ each time the LB (360 pc) is pressed.

Are these the same effects for the cntrl+(key) setup? cos if they are, I'm having a blast with them! Especially inside vehicles with invulnerabilty on in FPS mode. I also have a question. Do I need to alter another file besides control_binding_sets.xtbl in order to swap the Left Shift teleport key to Right Shift? This should prevent teleporting back to HQ each time the LB (360 pc) is pressed.

You can't swap them. Not without changing the sprint binding as well. The first key has to have an actual in-game use for it to work correctly. For example sprint, crouch, reload, etc.

C-o-n-g-r-a-t-u-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-! Even with temporary effects it looks extremely well.

And if anyone of you want to have temporary hadouken projectile model, move the attached XTBL to game's main folder. DLC missions should do fine but I give no guaranty for that... freeroam works well though :)

Did you download it? It already includes that particular file in the latest release with a temporary hadouken projectile. :p

EDIT:
Oops. I'm an idiot, and didn't realize it was the weapons file. I'll give it a try!

EDIT:
The projectile you have defined there is actually overwriting the flame trail I have setup in dlc3_effects.xtbl. Personally, I think mine looks better. ;)

You can't swap them. Not without changing the sprint binding as well. The first key has to have an actual in-game use for it to work correctly. For example sprint, crouch, reload, etc.
Thanks for the reply. I changed the key ingame to RShift which had the desired result of all Shift combo teleports working only on the RShift key, but I was wrong as it did not fix the LB teleport to HQ problem. Thanks for taking time to answer, I will figure it out eventually :)

.45 alpha released! Check the OP for download!

Changelog:

!!IMPORTANT!! This release contains 2 new files needed for the superpowers fx:
dlc3_effects.xtbl
dlc3_explosions.xtbl

The edits in the above files will ALSO change them in the DLC 3 final mission, so rename/delete them temporarily if you want to replay it and have the correct fx!

Added special commands:
CTRL + DELETE = Toggle player invulnerability
CTRL + SEMICOLON = Toggle if commands process for only the host (default) or if they also affect remote coop player

Added weapon cycling from BadMadScientist. This will actually let you cycle through different upgrade level guns in realtime if you like a certain look/feature of an earlier one.

R + INSERT = Cycle Melee
R + HOME = Cycle Pistols
R + PGUP = Cycle SMGs
R + DELETE = Cycle Shotguns
R + END = Cycle Rifles
R + PGDOWN = Cycle Explosive
R + RIGHT = Cycle Special
R + LEFT = Cycle Temp Weapons
R + DOWN = Toggle single and dual wielding for weapon cycles
R + UP = Toggle limited/unlimited ammo for weapon cycles

8 + END = Hide player (also disables movement!)

* NOTE: Cycling weapon levels only works correctly if your current weapons are level 1 and not upgraded. Make sure to first downgrade weapon levels to 1 and turn off dual wielding with Corrodias' save editor before using these commands:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-save-editor-c.1042/

* WOOHOO! SUPERPOWERS NOW WORK CORRECTLY! :D
NOTE: A couple of the effects like the hadouken trail and the running light fx currently have substitions until we can get the actual mission fx correctly tied in.

* Fixed airplane hangar teleport so the destination coords are away from the hangar allowing you to teleport vehicles there

* Fixed Rondini docks teleport so it's on the pier and closer to the garage key

* Reorganized all commands for better grouping
When I used his Save Editor my Genki Girl Vehicles disappeared. Any help? (really, do not ask me "Do you have Steam version of SR3?"; this is annoying)

hey idol. i'm not sure if this is happening for anyone else, but anyways im trying to do the next 4 alt times, 1 thing i noticed is that im having problems getting to the VR tod, that u had, setup previously at 2,30, in alpha 43, which was working for me then, i dont know if its a typo or what, but now that its triggering to 23,30, which is in the afternoon and not evening, and its looks like in the actual new def dist, the value that was working was when it said '5" - that related to the the 2:30 & triggerd everything right, the value for 5 is now 47, all the way down the doc, it was the the one u had at the top, that started with 5. im troubleshooting some things with getting the other 4 to trigger right & i noticed that when clicking the new F+HOME, and it says vr time, it gives me grey skies. the i managed to actually select change time of day via the cheat code (which seems to trigger each in order of the slices as they exist in a 'TIMELINE.' so whatever u have set at 12:30 pm will be the one that triggers right after vanilla noon, etc, the more times u press the code.) but i noticed that in default global, u still have the 500 (for the 230) and so its going there kind of, thru uesing the regular old tod code, BUT its not setup in def dist or lua correct anymore, it was fine in alpha 43.

it looks like it was as simple as an extra 0 at the end of 230, making it 2300, but that changed everything. the 47 i dont know what thats about. i can change it back while doing this, but getting ready to go to bed so thought should at least say something. im sure i'll have the other ones working tomorrow i would think, they're cycling but i think we just have to pick good numbers for the actual slice, im wondering if since it says in global that day starts at 6:30 or something, & ends at 2200, if thats why the alt nite 2 i have set at 6 isnt working. it shows me alt nite 1, but still the right sb+ msg says its alt nite 2. so thats nothing to worry about, it just be good if had list of good "choice" of times to use for the slices for morning, and the choice of like 5 slices (for future or whatever) for noon, etc of whatever times that are 'slice-worthy,' so to speak. lol. (im referring to the actual tod segment number when i say time there, im not saying certain peoples custom times wouldnt be worthy, i was saying something else if it read like that.)

anyway, just thought should say something bout the vr, but maybe something's different for me while i test my ones? but 2330 is still evening and not "night" officially, so i dunno. whatever, anyways, theres heads up if was something that matters.

Back