Why I hate the Saints row fanbase, Part II. (rant)

On top of that, people are STILL trying to push this civil war narrative onto the community, what is this? The 1860s or something?
The community have a huge rift since SRTT/SRIV
The only thing this reboot did was to create a truce between the Old era fans and the new era fans to shit on the reboot era.
We need this game to succeed. We need this company to stay afloat. Not just for the sake of the devs keeping their jobs, but for the sake of IdolNinja's memory. We need to do this for him.
Just because "we" need it, doesn't means "we" will get it. If it flops, it's Volition's own fault (And mainly the fault of the parent/holding companies that owns Volition).

Jim Boone shot himself on the feet once (Plot wise for SRTT [that's on you Jaros] and IV) and now with this reboot he's shooting himself on the feet again to be sure the gun was loaded.

PS: I wouldn't dare to say Agents of Mayhem was Volition shooting themselves on the feet tho. It was a totally new endeavor they dared to venture on. That's commendable. The 80s/90s SatAM Cartoon-esque animated cutscenes was kinda interesting. (Daisy is best girl, if you say otherwise, you're wrong).

Last edited:
The community have a huge rift since SRTT/SRIV
The only thing this reboot did was to create a truce between the Old era fans and the new era fans to shit on the reboot era.

Just because "we" need it, doesn't means "we" will get it. If it flops, it's Volition's own fault (And mainly the fault of the parent/holding companies that owns Volition).

Jim Boone shot himself on the feet once (Plot wise for SRTT [that's on you Jaros] and IV) and now with this reboot he's shooting himself on the feet again to be sure the gun was loaded.

PS: I wouldn't dare to say Agents of Mayhem was Volition shooting themselves on the feet tho. It was a totally new endeavor they dared to venture on. That's commendable. The 80s/90s SatAM Cartoon-esque animated cutscenes was kinda interesting. (Daisy is best girl, if you say otherwise, you're wrong).
Soo you commend them for trying a new thing then say they shot themselves in the foot by trying a new thing...

Seriously, I just don't get the outrage anymore. There's still vehicles and the customization thereof, still excellent (that exceeds 2 in some aspects) Boss customization and still wanton violence (often against innocent bystanders) combined with wacky aspects that the series is known for. Only real difference now is the new cast are (intentionally) greenhorns and it following present trends instead of those when the originals came out.

Also, wasn't there an interview from way back where they pretty much said the old Boss and co's story had finished? Straight up, there was no way to escalate (or deescalate) past Gat Out Of Hell.

Addendum 1: What would even a "True" Saints Row successor be? An imitation of an old idea of what a gangster is when most high profile modern criminals tend to be either done up like a public bathroom (6ix 9ine), posing as celebrities to an audience (Influencers/Streamers/Hypebeasts) or both at the same time? Times change, and so does crime.

Last edited:
"I would rather no drama instead. He just needs to learn minding his own business and i would gladly continue ignore him."

I hope this comment was not about me, though I suspect it was... I will mind my own business, but I was just defending someone who I agree with.

Also as I've mentioned before... Being referred to as male riles me up more than any dispute about a video game. So please don't.

"I would rather no drama instead. He just needs to learn minding his own business and i would gladly continue ignore him."

I hope this comment was not about me, though I suspect it was... I will mind my own business, but I was just defending someone who I agree with.

Also as I've mentioned before... Being referred to as male riles me up more than any dispute about a video game. So please don't.

He was most definitely talking about me, but how are you gonna tell someone to mind their business on a public forum.😭

Like I really do not care if people don't like the game, but if you're gonna' just sit around hating on something you won't even buy, then why don't you put that negative energy into something productive. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly! We see this in the Star Wars fandom. I mean, I'm not exactly a big fan of the Sequels, I think they could've had Finn be a Jedi (HE WAS WEILDING THE FRICKIN' LIGHTSABER!) and certain aspects explained better but hey, it was entertaining. Even if I think it's turning into a wannabe-Dragonball Z. xD

Back