Who misses the first game?

Yeah, Saints Row 2 has best gameplay in Saints Row series, unfortunately the graphic was not good as Saints Row 3 and Saints Row 4.
I tought sr2 had better graphics than sr3. But Gat outta hell had the best graphics.

It's same engine as IV.
but gat outta hell has more detail, look at the detail on gat's wings. If you look closely at gat's face you can see a faint mustache. I just tought that was cool.

Actually not everyone like SR as serious gangster game. Personally I like TT and IV because are not serious.
Maybe the best idea is to mix seriousness with fun?
Yup that's probably the most controversial part of the series. What about a game slightly more Goofy than sr2 but more serious than srTT?

I agree with most people that Saints Row 2 was the pinnacle of Saints Row games, but the first game had some unique features that I really miss:
  1. The non-player characters talk directly to you and actually turn their heads to look directly at you when they talk and when you walk by! It makes the game feel a lot more personal.
  2. The thunderstorms are awesome! And it has real lighting that lights up the whole area! Why don't any of the games after that have lighting?
  3. You can replay missions by going to a movie theater.
  4. I can actually "ride" the elevated railway! Why did they take that away?
  5. The lift bridge goes up and down periodically, just like a real one!
  6. The Wheel Woman homie. Awesome! She drives you around and turns if you tell her to.
  7. Stefan's radio commercials. They always made me laugh.
What about a game slightly more Goofy than sr2 but more serious than srTT?
I like that idea too. I thought Saints Row 2 got a bit ruthless with the death of Carlos and then the mission to kill Julius. I do like the funny aspects of Saints Row 3.

I like a Saints Row game that has funny situations, but a realistic environment. Saints Row 3 covers that pretty good.
Saints Row 1, 2, and 3 all had a realistic environment, although the Daedalus was pushing it a bit. Saints Row 2 is by far the best environment (except I still want those things I listed above).
When they started to move to a completely farcical environment in Saints Row IV and GOOH, I didn't like it as much.
(although, there will always be a special place in my heart for How the Saints Save Christmas).

Last edited:
I agree with most people that Saints Row 2 was the pinnacle of Saints Row games, but the first game had some unique features that I really miss:
  1. The non-player characters talk directly to you and actually turn their heads to look directly at you when they talk and when you walk by! It makes the game feel a lot more personal.
  2. The thunderstorms are awesome! And it has real lighting that lights up the whole area! Why don't any of the games after that have lighting?
  3. You can replay missions by going to a movie theater.
  4. I can actually "ride" the elevated railway! Why did they take that away?
  5. The lift bridge goes up and down periodically, just like a real one!
  6. The Wheel Woman homie. Awesome! She drives you around and turns if you tell her to.
  7. Stefan's radio commercials. They always made me laugh.

I like that idea too. I thought Saints Row 2 got a bit ruthless with the death of Carlos and then the mission to kill Julius. I do like the funny aspects of Saints Row 3.

I like a Saints Row game that has funny situations, but a realistic environment. Saints Row 3 covers that pretty good.
Saints Row 1, 2, and 3 all had a realistic environment, although the Daedalus was pushing it a bit. Saints Row 2 is by far the best environment (except I still want those things I listed above).
When they started to move to a completely farcical environment in Saints Row IV and GOOH, I didn't like it as much.
(although, there will always be a special place in my heart for How the Saints Save Christmas).
The tattoos in Saints Row 1 were very cool, better than tattoos in Saints Row 2.

Back