Who misses the first game?

I really missed the first Saints Row so bad that I'm creating myself a texture pack slowly but surely, one step at a time. SR2 is starting to look like the original but with some differences. If you swing by my post for my SR2 Alternate Time of Day mod you'll notice the color of the elevated train tracks, the fog in the distance, and the night time sky too and you'll see what I'm talking about ;) So I'm asking this question:

Do anyone want a SR1 Texture Pack for SR2? Please post your comments ;)

I never played Saints Row 1 but I'd love to check your texture pack, just to feel the atmosphere of old Stilwater myself. :D
I know it's not going to be easy and it'll take a long time to get textures to work right. Hundreds if not thousands of textures in SR2 alone so it will be awhile.

I'd like to share with you my custom startup for my SR 2 SR Texture Pack. Notice the Gentlemen Of The Row screen? There is a Deep Silver logo in there instead of a THQ logo. The Main Menu sure looks familiar and different :D. Extract and you'll need VLC Media Player to play it since it was made in .flv format.

Attachments

• SR2 Startup.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 359
Not only have I played it, i've researched the damn thing, had 3 hour long discord chats about it, hunted the beta, and didn't ask for one bit of help. My goal here is to research and find all data SR1 related. I've found around 9 e3 2005 videos of SR1. Trust me, they're rare. Each only has around 200-1000 views each. On IGN's channel. Seem weird? That's because IGN has over 7 million subscribers. Yet only 200 to 1000 of them have seen the footage. God what have I started doing. I will never be able to recover from the madness. This is my life now...

That's good to know.

Everyone gives sr1 shit for being "just another gangster game" what other gangster games? there's none other gangster games! . sleeping dogs is a different type of gang so they don't count. the only one i could think of is gta san andreas but that's only the first few levels. I'm talking 90's ghetto l.a gangsters not 50's valentine gangsters or mafia gangs. ps, what's your favourite radio station from saints row 1? mine is the rock, the faction and gen x

Everyone gives sr1 shit for being "just another gangster game" what other gangster games? there's none other gangster games! . sleeping dogs is a different type of gang so they don't count. the only one i could think of is gta san andreas but that's only the first few levels. I'm talking 90's ghetto l.a gangsters not 50's valentine gangsters or mafia gangs. ps, what's your favourite radio station from saints row 1? mine is the rock, the faction and gen x
I don't know why peoples hate Saints Row, Saints Row is like GTA but with more crazy features, seems peoples hate Saints Row because Saints Row is a comedy video game.

seems peoples hate Saints Row because Saints Row is a comedy video game.
No I think that's the reason why people like it, but not me. I like the first two because they were unique( ironically enough) no other open world Game was close to saints row 2.

No I think that's the reason why people like it, but not me. I like the first two because they were unique( ironically enough) no other open world Game was close to saints row 2.
Yeah, Saints Row 2 has best gameplay in Saints Row series, unfortunately the graphic was not good as Saints Row 3 and Saints Row 4.

Back