Who misses the first game?

I agree 100%. The game was more colorful as Saints Row 2 was dull colored.

Would like to add onto my original statement, without it being ignored:

Based on minor research of SR1's map, gameplay by MrToastSandwich (along with other gameplay stuff) and other sources.

Sunnyvale Gardens/Shivington looks awesome, it feels, and holds the idea, "this place has seen violence, and is pretty much abandoned" yet for some reason in SR2, they fucked it up. How? well for one, instead of it looking worse, it's instead "gotten better" they replaced a bunch of the ruins, and/or removed them, for example:
  • The Abandoned Police Station looked awesome, yet they removed it, and it's just the external area, and foundation in SR2 If the "lore" is saying that it was knocked over by the SW government, wouldn't the whole abandoned police station be removed?
  • There's a decently sized field (likely an old baseball field) under it where these abandoned/ruined lofts. They replaced them with "new buildings" that add nothing, they should've been kept, or at the least, have part of it made into Friendly Fire or something.
  • On the western half, there were the pool halls, and all these newer, cleaner buildings, essentially being a bridge between Arena, and Sunnyvale Gardens, yet they make it "fancy ultra new ultor shit" that stuffs up the Sunnyvale-Arena borders, and just looks plain, eh.
  • They removed that giant sign of Sunnyvale Gardens, I actually liked that, and it made an awesome border between the red light and projects districts.
  • Sunnyvale looks shit loads better with grass growing everywhere.
I prefer the SR1 Highway over the SR2 Highway, it feels a lot more fluid, accessible, and environmentally fitting.

Using the El Train I think is a neat feature, nice alternative to get around, and to taxis.

Whilst the glows could take immersion away, I prefer them, it makes the weapons/drugs/food standout for easier taking.

A bunch of SR1 cars that didn't return in future titles (rattler, fer de lance, vegas, others) look like they would've fit SR2 perfectly, yet they removed them entirely.

Why was Safecracking and stores closing after 8pm, opening after 9am removed? Seems like a nifty feature, yet they cut it.

Loaning, whilst sounding dumb saying this, should've been kept, or at least "spiritually succeeded"

SR1 weapons such as the Tombstone, Vice 9, T3k Urban, and the Baseball bat, look a lot better then their SR2 counterparts. Also? why was the AS12, SKR7, original McManus, Platinum RPG, and Gold Plated GDHC not kept? IMO it seems better for the gangs to use the SKR7, and AS12 along with the SKR9, AS14 and the Masako to use the AS12.

Another feature I missed was the ability to break into a store at night while the store was closed, breaking into the safe, grab the box from the safe, put it in the trunk of your car then take it to a pawnshop to earn cash and respect. This was called the Theft Activity. I noticed there are xtbl files in SR2 that refers to this activity.

Reactions: F13
Back