Vehicle Camera First Person Mod by quantumsingularity86

The PC version of SRTT supports the 360 controller and shows 360 onscreen prompts when you use one. The video of the mod was created with the PC version.

I signed up just for this awesome mod and the others I will look into after this. I love first person camera driving in sandbox games and I have no idea why the developers never include them anymore. It makes it much more immerse. I finally got to play saints row the third today, I found out Nivida finally came out with drivers that don't lag up the ass for it (most likely the engines fault).

The only problem is this mod is a huge tease. Trying to move the very slow camera after a sharp turn makes it impossible to drive in first person. If this mod snapped to the cars front when turning it would be perfect. I'd greatly appreciate if you could add that if possible.

P.S I Am familiar with java and a bit of C#, Are these files editable to code? Is saints row coding rather simple?

EDIT: If you go into controls and change camera vehicle snap to INSTANT it works like i described. Awesome :)

If you've done any work with xml then editing mods will be a piece of cake. All the files are simply plain text. Open them up in Notepad or your favorite ascii editor of choice and it's extremely easy to follow. Most of the xml table (.xtbl) files also have a table description at the end that gives you a nice description of each table entry and what it does.

Also, the original author of the mod is not a member here and this particular mod was uploaded with his permission. I mention this because I won't be able to help you with your actual request for the camera changes.

It's all good like I said if you change camera snap to instant it works like it should. It's a lot fun using it to get from place to place. Only problem is when I exited and installed it i lost my main save file. No idea why, I lost like 8 missions of work and 30+ properties I bought :(. I don't think its the mods fault. I think the game loaded the wrong save and then I saved over it derp. I can also tell this game is going to be really really short, im at 30% completion and i've only been playing for an hour or two.

It's not as short as you might think unless you're blowing through the story missions as fast as possible. 100%'ing everything including all the activities is about 25 hours at a nice leisurely pace. You can add another 3-5 hours with all 3 mission DLC packs.

It's all good like I said if you change camera snap to instant it works like it should. It's a lot fun using it to get from place to place. Only problem is when I exited and installed it i lost my main save file. No idea why, I lost like 8 missions of work and 30+ properties I bought :(. I don't think its the mods fault. I think the game loaded the wrong save and then I saved over it derp. I can also tell this game is going to be really really short, im at 30% completion and i've only been playing for an hour or two.

If you find yourself completing the game too quick, consider trying my "increased property prices" mod!

It's not as short as you might think unless you're blowing through the story missions as fast as possible. 100%'ing everything including all the activities is about 25 hours at a nice leisurely pace. You can add another 3-5 hours with all 3 mission DLC packs.
If the activities are as repetitive in most sandbox games I'm not really into completing all of them. I will have to check out the mission packs though. Although I can't stand the idea of a short game that makes up for it in more of money though. (DLC should be free). I can't really say anything now though I only got through the tutorial type missions that show off the activities. (which is why I am shocked at 30%). I am blowing through all the missions because I am too good <--oh no conceded lol. I've replayed vc, sa, and gta4 on pc and I'm pretty good at aim botting headshots. I just set the difficult to hardcore maybe that will help. P.S this is an awesome sandbox game better than GTA4. I've fooled around in sandbox games so much it's hard to sap entertainment out of just driving around and having fun. I guess I was just born to early lol. So far the story line missions are fun as hell, parachuting in on that penthouse with the Kayne music cue was epic.

If you find yourself completing the game too quick, consider trying my "increased property prices" mod!
That's not really my Idea of fun, If I had more story line and missions to go along with that it would be a great idea. The DLC pack I got with this kind of made me OP to start out.

I think I derailed this thread with all my nonsense, my bad lol.

I dunno about derailed it. It does feel a lot shorter, I can't argue with that. It's better than GTA4, it has its epic moments (the penthouse mission, the endgame missions, the very first mission in entirety is great, as is the second..) However compared to San Andreas it wins on graphics but possibly not on variability. It's a good game but it's no Saints Row 2, and they're tacking on DLC to make up money. It's sad, but nothing we can do.
Or at least my hope is one of these days we'll get to the point we can properly add enough assets to make our own fully fledged missions activities and diversions. Bring back fight club. Expand the diversion list. Add 'post-game' missions that even better try to expand the game a bit, or maybe in between to flesh out the gangs some more. Sadly still sort of pipe dreams.

As for on topic, I dunno. I'm one of those weird people who can't get the hang of first person cameras in my driving games. Makes me motion sick, and I smash into everything as I go. ..er, moreso, you know how driving in Steelport can be some times :p

Back