Saints Row: The Third Upcoming Patch 5 Differences

The latest build of Gentlemen of Steelport will build them in by default, and has an option to revert back to the originals if you want.
I mean the new Saints Row 3 update. When I downloaded it and rebuild the GOS, were restored old billboards. I did not check whether Saints Row 3 patch do not restore them because at once after update information I rebuild the GOS.

If you use the default settings of GoS beta 3 and have the latest version of SR3, the billboards should still be there. The last patch as of Tuesday only changed the executable files.
Executable files? For what? Anyway, I must look what I did wrong with files.

Interestingly, the original texture files were streaming and the updated EtD billboards were compressed. The new exe update may have something to do with rebreaking that functionality.

EDIT:
Yep. Just confirmed it. The new exe patch breaks it. What needs to happen is that the EtD billboards need to be updated within the original streaming files for it to work correctly. Not a big deal, and I'll get around to doing that shortly... unless someone wants to step up and create a set for GoS so I can be lazy. ;)

The last update to Saints Row the Third updated the game's .exe files. The big ones, which actually run the game. I don't remember their names, offhand.
You mean that update "game_launcher", "saintsrowthethird" and "saintsrowthethird_dx11"? For what Volition is patching that files?

You mean that update "game_launcher", "saintsrowthethird" and "saintsrowthethird_dx11"? For what Volition is patching that files?

See my post above. One thing they did was stop those texture files from loading as compressed. They still exist in the vanilla patch_compressed archive, but the exe is only loading them as the original streaming ones.

See my post above. One thing they did was stop those texture files from loading as compressed. They still exist in the vanilla patch_compressed archive, but the exe is only loading them as the original streaming ones.
For what they did that? Can somebody upload old executable files for me? I want EtD billboards!!!

For what they did that? I liked EtD billboards! Can somebody upload old executable files for me? I want EtD billboards!!!

First of all, you can't do that with CEG DRM. Custom executable generation creates a new unique exe just for you and you alone. Second of all, did you miss the part of my post where I said how exactly it can be fixed and that I'll be doing that soon for GoS (or if anyone else wants to step up and save me the headache.)

Back