Saints Row: The Third Upcoming Patch 5 Differences

New GoS beta 3 is out that includes the ability to choose which set of billboards you want. :)
http://idolninja.com

Any clue on what was updated today or are they releasing another "pack" today?

It was 83 megs and did not touch the patch_compressed.vpp_pc file this time.

Really? It replaced my GoS patch_compressed and patch_uncompressed.. can't tell if it's changed but it replaced it all right.

Really? It replaced my GoS patch_compressed and patch_uncompressed.. can't tell if it's changed but it replaced it all right.

I just checked the dates on mine with the ones that I made and it still has the same date stamp. On my system it only looks like they updated the applications.

I don't know, offhand. I had just recently done the GoS installation. I think it misbuilt the patch files anyways, they were small (like under 10mb). So it overwrote them entirely with new ones.
Or alternately Steam didn't like the looks of them and overwrote them with new ones. I can't tell WHY it did or not. Either way, rebuilding and replacing seems to do it.

I blame Steam :p

This update was something like 83 mb large. I remember that my Steam downloaded file of the same size everytime I verified game's integrity, even when it was unmodded and EtD wasn't even heard of. So my guess is that either:
a) Steam went crazy
b) Volition prepares another EtD advertisement and keeps us hyped by causing mass confusion (like if the Boss is starting to see that he's been trapped in Dominatrix and looses perception of what is real and what is not)
c) Last but not least: Idolninja stated on his blog that we're supposed to "look to the skies" after EtD ads arrived. I haven't seen nothing there but maybe something's gonna change now?

Back