Trouble with getting mods to work with Steam Saints Row 3

Xclavex, I really don't know why you're having those kind of issues. The only other thing I can think of is that you may have some kind of mod compatibility conflict happening. Verifying integrity wouldn't touch modded files in the root of your install, so look there and try to delete all files with the following extension:
*.lua
*.xtbl
*.asm_pc
*.str2_pc

Then reinstall your test mod and try again.

Wouldn't uninstalling the game and then manually deleting the saints row the third folder from the steam-apps directory have deleted those? I did that before I came to this site looking for help. Same problem. I don't understand it, I've done nothing else to the game, and if I don't run mods it works fine but every single time I try to add a mod, it crashes once I click on "load game" or "new game"

Wouldn't uninstalling the game and then manually deleting the saints row the third folder from the steam-apps directory have deleted those? I did that before I came to this site looking for help. Same problem. I don't understand it, I've done nothing else to the game, and if I don't run mods it works fine but every single time I try to add a mod, it crashes once I click on "load game" or "new game"

Yes, that would have deleted all the files.

Have you tried an extremely simple mod, like the rare vehicle cheat? That's one simple xtbl that just adds a bunch of new cheats. Give that a try and see if it still crashes:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...cle-cheats-includes-additional-cheats-v4.475/

Yes, that would have deleted all the files.

Have you tried an extremely simple mod, like the rare vehicle cheat? That's one simple xtbl that just adds a bunch of new cheats. Give that a try and see if it still crashes:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...cle-cheats-includes-additional-cheats-v4.475/

Ok, I tried the first link you posted and that worked...sort of. The cheats that were in the .txt file weren't what they described themselves to be. For example; the "oops" cheatcode didn't make me tiny, all it did was enable drunk pedestrians, and the goodygoody cheat code didn't rain people, it just added an option to remove all gang notoriety.

But the game didn't crash with that. I went back and tried the other cheat, and that crashed again.

For some reason it sounds like your game is refusing to load loose files from the root. Have you tried the Gentlemen of Steelport compilation? That lets you build patch files instead that replace the vanilla ones in
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache\

Grab the latest build of GoS from my site in the Downloads section and give it a try and see if it load mods correctly that way:
http://idolninja.com

Not at all. The readme has everything you need to know.

In basic terms:
* Run the batch file
* Choose what mods you want
* Press P to build patch files
* Move patch files to the /cache folder

Just that easy.

Lol, the nude oleg part in the homie alts is funny. I tried re-adding the nude patch my buddy sent me to make everything naked, but that crashed the game too. I didn't see it listed in that mod maker thingy you recommended to me. Any ideas how I can get that patch to work?

You can add in any extra mod files here:
..\Gentlemen_of_Steelport_v1.0_Beta_3\optional_mod_stuff\1-MY_EXTRA_MODS\

Then build your patches just like you did before. Any files in the folder will take precedence and be built right into your patch. :)

New development, the nude patch works in directx 9 mode, but not directx 10/11 mode. This is odd. I haven't tried the rain bodies patch yet (that was the other one that froze my game). We'll work on this one first before I move on to the rain bodies mod.

I put the 3 .vpp_pc files into the folder as directed by you, but I'm not sure where to go from there as I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in the DOS directory.

Back