Trouble with getting mods to work with Steam Saints Row 3

I follow the directions to add a mod (to the letter, usually wants me to put them here; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache) and so I do. The game loads up to the title screen, but after a few seconds of loading, continuing, or otherwise starting a game, it crashes to the desktop with an error message.

My buddy tried the same mod using his game, and it worked perfectly for him, yet for me, it crashes. I cannot figure out why the mod crashes the game for me but not for him, and I can find nothing googling around. If I remove the mod and restore the files, the game runs normally again.

If they are individual mods, they need to go in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\).

Only the GoS made patches would go into (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache)

My buddy just told me to try the nude one as he said that is simple. I tried that and the same problem happened, game just crashes the same when I put the 3 .vpp_pc files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\packfiles\pc\cache directory, and the game just locks up too. I put also tried putting them into the (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third\), and nothing happened.

Do you have the censored German version? That won't work with most mods.

Have you verified integrity yet on Steam?

Yes, that is how I repair it when the files don't work. I have also uninstalled and re-installed, the same error occurs. I can post a screenshot of the error here.

Here are the errors;

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 1,567
That is a lot of fucking games... I dont think that steam is legit, whys your desktop background all black oh wait now i know lol

No, it is entirely legit. I've been a member of steam for many years and most of those games are bought through steam sales. Don't assume (remember what that makes people that assume?) that it's something else. Desktop background is all black because I don't need a background for my stuff. Next time, please keep your assumptions to yourself.

Back on topic, so nobody has any idea why mods crash the game?

That is a lot of fucking games... I dont think that steam is legit, whys your desktop background all black oh wait now i know lol

If you suspect something is not legit then please just use the report button and let the staff handle it instead of trying to backseat moderate. Having a lot of games on Steam doesn't automatically make you a pirate. In fact, if you take a look at my profile you'll see that I have 521 games, and like xclavex most of them came from cheap sales.

Back on topic, so nobody has any idea why mods crash the game?

Xclavex, I really don't know why you're having those kind of issues. The only other thing I can think of is that you may have some kind of mod compatibility conflict happening. Verifying integrity wouldn't touch modded files in the root of your install, so look there and try to delete all files with the following extension:
*.lua
*.xtbl
*.asm_pc
*.str2_pc

Then reinstall your test mod and try again.

Back