Top 10 Favorite Crime/Gangster movies

woah theres a hong kong version of the departed? i loved that movie ill have to watch the hk version

It's actually a trilogy! (though the first Infernal Affairs was definitely the best one.)

i watch alot of asian war films mainly medieval period stuff dynasties is the movie in english or subtitled it doesn't bother me either way ill defiantly check them out that's cool

i watch alot of asian war films mainly medieval period stuff dynasties is the movie in english or subtitled it doesn't bother me either way ill defiantly check them out that's cool

I love that stuff too. The last really good one I saw was Red Cliff 1 and 2.

yes! I loved the warlords too and most recently watched Mongol i have this other 1 im trying to get to warriors of the rainbow but keep not having time sorry to derail but theres so many good movies lol.

Not a movie, but just saw the first 5 and a half seasons of Breaking Bad, and there are moments that rival anything from the Godfather movies or Scarface. It's seriously that good.

It's also streaming on netflix. :D

Not a movie, but just saw the first 5 and a half seasons of Breaking Bad, and there are moments that rival anything from the Godfather movies or Scarface. It's seriously that good.

It's also streaming on netflix. :D
Yeah I watched Breaking Bad/Fixing Good on Netflix

Nope, sorry. Only the "unreal-" version (US).

Also I would like to add the Kill Bill series to my list.
I was about to add that to this thread then saw I was beat to the punch.

It is about the only other thing I could add off the top of my head to the already mentioned works. While it isn't really in the same exact slot
as the others listed, it can be wedged in there! IT is about killa ninjas after all, that had crime involved. !

I have the series on Blu-Ray here now and it is beloved by me. I also have a copy (DVD) I found on the net years ago that is the Japanese release.
It is the only version I'm aware of that has the infamous black and white scene with the zillion incompetent ninjas being cut to bits in COLOR. Talk about a blooody mess.
LOTS OF RED pools of liquid and gore.
I dont' know why they don't release a version in the USA with that scene availble in BW and COlor both. I'd buy it for a double dip. PROFITS.

That said, the BW version of that scene could be seen as the better in some ways, as the color version kind of distracts from the movements. It was some fancy
camera and dance work in that scene.
There are times I find myself whistling the main theme of that movie when out shopping. I at times get 'looks' by passerbys.

Not really a top ten, but the first 10 or so to pop into my head:

A Better Tomorrow 1/2 (John Woo)
Bullet in the Head (John Woo)
The Mission (Johnnie To)
Youth of the Beast (Seijun Suzuki)
Shoot the Piano Player (Francois Truffaut)
Pickpocket (Robert Bresson)
Band of Outsiders (Jean-luc Godard)
Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino)
Sonatine (Takeshi Kitano)
Ghost Dog (Jim Jarmusch)

Scarface is my favorite movie, not just crime movie, the one from 1983. Apart from that, pretty much the same ones as IdolNinja though I can't really place them in an order.

Back