Top 10 Favorite Crime/Gangster movies

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
Mainly, because I'm a crime movie junkie and always on the lookout for something good. My favorites are the rise and fall stories like Scarface, but heist movies are also fair game; pretty much anything where the bad guys are the main focus:

My favorites in no particular order:
Scarface
The Godfather 1 and 2
Goodfellas
American Gangster
Heat
Ronin
Reservoir Dogs
The Italian Job (1969)
New Jack City
Ocean's Eleven (2001)

mine are kind of similar im big on crime movies too i will take out the ones i havnt seen from your list and ad more lol Ocean's Elevan (duno why i havnt seen any of them yet) New Jack City, The Italian Job ( i have seen the new one not the old one) i normally watch older movies just havnt seen that 1 considering i have seen the 1970s or so gone in sixty seconds which is basically an hour long car chase and the old death race.

Adding to that list in no order
Public Enemies
Dog day afternoon
Mesrine - Killer Instinct *(2 part french movie with subtitles based on Jacques Mesrine first part is alittle slow to start off but gets good)
Kill the Irishman.

I feel like im missing something, but something i want to see at the moment is a movie called The Iceman i don't think it is out here yet but its based on this mafia hitman Richard Kuklinski there are interviews with him on youtube he is still alive i watched one of his interviews because i was kinda curious to know more about the guy they go for about an hour an the guy is just cold as fuck its so creepy he just had no feeling or remorse for anything o_O but the trailer for the movie looks interesting.

I will check those out. Always meant to see Dog Day Afternoon with Pacino.

Speaking of french crime movies, ever see 22 Bullets (L'immortel) with Jean Reno? Starts off pretty slow, but the second half is amazing.

Oh, and don't bother with the 2nd and 3rd Ocean's movies. They are terrible.

I have not seen 22 bullets il have to look that up i have heard the same about the 2nd an 3rd ocean movies by other people probably why i never saw the first but ill have to check it out. We also get a really good crime series on tv here called Underbelly its based on real crime facts an people in Australia acted out in a drama show they are normally like 10 episodes each season they are normally really good another 1 was a mini series called Bikie Wars: Brothers in arms, they can probably be found on the net.

Another movie i was thinking of was Chopper Eric Bana's best role probably lol. Its just based on an Australian nut job hard to put em in a top 10 because iv watched so many crime movies but your top 10 probably nails most of them other 2 i have always liked was Snatch and Lockstock & two smoking barrels but they are comedy crime movies.

I love Snatch and Lock Stock. :) Another awesome crime comedy caper movie is A Fish Called Wanda.

- Scarface (Definitely my favorite movie, and game)
- Goodfellas
- The Godfather I
- The Godfather II
- Reservoir Dogs
- Heat
- Carlito's Way
- The Departed
- The Untouchables
- Once Upon a Time in America

EXTRA

- Pulp Fiction
- The Usual Suspects

- The Departed

Tell me you've seen the original Hong Kong version that The Departed was based on; i.e. Infernal Affairs. It's seriously awesome. Speaking of Asian crime movies:

Hong Kong:
The Mission
Running out of Time
SPL
Election 1 and 2
The Killer
Fulltime Killer
The Group
Young and Dangerous movie series

Korea:
Guns and Talks
The City of Violence

Japan:
Dead or Alive
Branded to Kill
Like a Dragon (Ryu ga gotoku) based on the yakuza videogame series
Tokyo Drifter
The City of Lost Souls

Tell me you've seen the original Hong Kong version that The Departed was based on; i.e. Infernal Affairs. It's seriously awesome.

Nope, sorry. Only the "unreal-" version (US).

Also I would like to add the Kill Bill series to my list.

Back