Steelport Gangs DLC fixes - now with earring morph fix!

If Volition developers are getting directly involved in fixing these kinds of issues then is there any possibility that pure bug-fixing mods like this might become official patches distributed through steam?

Updated the release to v5.1 with the eyelashes fix noted above.

If Volition developers are getting directly involved in fixing these kinds of issues then is there any possibility that pure bug-fixing mods like this might become official patches distributed through steam?

Yes, we do have plans of fixing bugs through a more standard distribution like steam. Some of the things fixed in this mod I would argue venture into the art style area, but something like the morph is undeniably a bug and something we would try to get into an official patch. We are also working on fixing other code issues. So far we have found and have a local working fix for the gang customization vehicle spawn issue and possibly the ATI framerate issue as well. We're trying to figure out how we can push a patch though, since we would need QA time to verify we don't break anything new with our fixes. Due to this being a nights and weekends effort currently, it gets a little complicated at that point.

Yes, we do have plans of fixing bugs through a more standard distribution like steam. Some of the things fixed in this mod I would argue venture into the art style area, but something like the morph is undeniably a bug and something we would try to get into an official patch. We are also working on fixing other code issues. So far we have found and have a local working fix for the gang customization vehicle spawn issue and possibly the ATI framerate issue as well. We're trying to figure out how we can push a patch though, since we would need QA time to verify we don't break anything new with our fixes. Due to this being a nights and weekends effort currently, it gets a little complicated at that point.

Maybe you do an opt-in type beta for it like Steam does with their clients and things?

If you need some "Unofficial QA" time, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would sign up for the task.

That is excellent news! I'm very glad to here that one of my favorite games will be getting some bug-fixes. Is there a thread where we can report bugs for you guys to investigate? And will you only be patching the PC version, or will the Xbox and PS3 versions possibly also get patches?

Maybe you do an opt-in type beta for it like Steam does with their clients and things?

We have thought of the same thing and that is a possibility, but really they fix problems with the game so I think we should try to push them out the normal channel so everyone can benefit.
That is excellent news! I'm very glad to here that one of my favorite games will be getting some bug-fixes. Is there a thread where we can report bugs for you guys to investigate? And will you only be patching the PC version, or will the Xbox and PS3 versions possibly also get patches?

I wouldn't expect any of these fixes to make it to the consoles. The process for patching there is much more involved and I believe pretty costly. It is an unfortunate thing, no doubt.

If you need some "Unofficial QA" time, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would sign up for the task.

Don't worry, if we can utilize you guys, I'm sure that we will let you know. I'm sure you are all just as interested in a solid, bug-free game as we are and hopefully together we can do just that.

We have thought of the same thing and that is a possibility, but really they fix problems with the game so I think we should try to push them out the normal channel so everyone can benefit.

I meant an opt-in beta for testing. You know, to make QA easier and confirm that your fixes don't break other things so that you can then release the actual steam patch for really reals after?

Back