Steam Summer Sale!

Nabbed Sim City 4 for $5 and the genki girls dlc for .74! Hooray for Summer Sale! :D

(I also changed the thread title)

Time to tally up my damages:

Call of Juarez
PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack
Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
Back to the Future The Game
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes plus DLC
Trine 2 CE
Batman Arkham City and all DLC
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
Sim City 4 Deluxe
Genki Girls DLC Pack
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Beyond Good and Evil
Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC
Rage
Inside a Star Filled Sky
Space Pirates and Zombies
Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Eschalon Book II

Gifts Received:
From Dust
Binding Isaac Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Tropico 4 and all DLC
Choplifter HD
Two Worlds 2 and Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC
Dear Esther
Binary Domain
Eschalon Book I
Really Big Sky
Orcs Must Die 2 Preorder
Twisted Shadow Planet

All told, I spent ~$100 including a bunch of gifts I sent out to friends :)

I think I spent $17.

Crysis 2
Harley's Revenge DLC
Witches & Weiners DLC

About $60 here, including gifts to friends. Nothing too big on my end.. Dead Island, GRA for NV (I had the other dlcs), Just Cause 2, LA Noire, Spacechem, Tropico 4 (complete), The Witcher. Also ended up with Arkham City (I had asylum already). Oh, and I bought a DLC for SR3, one of the little guys since I had season pass and 90% are "ha ha ha no" :p And of course a few gifts about.

I *really* considered getting more stuff, chop down my wishlist a bit, but considering of those games I got all except Spacechem were wishlist (and if I'd played spacechem prior it woulda been! I love puzzle games like that!)... yeah.

All in all, way too much money considering I had a new computer purchase thanks to the old one doing a graceful slow death.. but I came out ahead I think.

Anyone wonder just how big Gabe Newell's money pit is now? Must be Scrooge McDuck levels here... reduce costs, randomly change stuff, make an event, and suddenly your sales skyrocket. Since there's no cost for physical copies, you're not losing anything, just making slightly less than selling full price, except now suddenly you're selling hundreds of times more copies for the period than on a normal time. And even after the added publicity by them constantly staying in the top buys list (and the "Friends Recently Bought" list)... well.. I think they probably made more money than the rest of the game's life save for just after release.

Who woulda thunk. Drop your price a bit, and publicize it, and suddenly everyone LEAPS at the chance! It gives me a bit of an appreciation for THQ's current tactics, dumb as they might seem at times. Lots of low-cost cheap bits of game, and people will buy them, since they're cheap enough they don't trip the brain's internal calculator (since people rarely actually do addition if they buy over time.. thus people will spend hundreds in small installments over time, but balk at 50 bucks at once). Probably a bit of a revenue stream unto itself.
...now if only said DLC were higher quality all round... o_O

And now the fun part. To decide which to play first. Aaaagh decisions!:eek:

My Damages:

Which all cost me under £60, which made me think should I save up £200 for the next big sale.

BioShock
BioShock 2
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter-Strike: Source
Counter-Strike: Source Beta
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas + All DLC
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Half-Life
Half-Life: Deathmatch Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Just Cause
Just Cause 2 + All DLC
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Portal 2
Ricochet
Saints Row: The Third Genki Girls DLC
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2 Beta
Team Fortress Classic

I know some in the list were free but they came with a package.

Back