SRIV Steam patch 10/21/13

Just speculating, I could see the homies modifications causing a problem... although i'd expect that to happen on load, too. It's worth trying resetting those to vanilla ones if you haven't.
I've actually had to delete my saves & start from scratch, even when using minimum or my usual selection of mods...it STILL crashes.
I tried it with additional cheats, still no luck!

I've actually had to delete my saves & start from scratch, even when using minimum or my usual selection of mods...it STILL crashes.
I tried it with additional cheats, still no luck!
Dude, try to save your game once more with the mods, only this time with all your gang customizations being vanilla (e.g., saints, ninjas, bikers, hos, etc.). This should allow you to save, and also let you load the savegame again without crashing if you later decide to remove the mod files. I've experiences save issues myself with murderbot customizations. Mods dealing with any type of gang customizations WILL affect the savegame before and after. Since you're also using additional vehicles for your gang, set those to vanilla gang vehicles. There was a version of the Disable Anti-Super Sower Grenades mod that used ai_goals.xtbl; this was updated in the 10/21 patch. Just to be safe, make sure any custom weapon skins you're using from texture mods are set to a skin contained within the vanilla game. You basically want to set everything that's customizable in-game as close to an unmodded SRIV as possible before saving. If you experience crashes later and think it's due to the 10/21 patch, transfer all the changes in the modded .xtbl and .lua files over to the new files from "patch_compressed.vpp_pc" and make sure all your .asm_pc files are up to date.

One last thing, you are using a shit ton of mods. I suggest you change this, at least for now. There are still patches being rolled out and new DLC to be released (possibly entailing even more patches just for DLC compatibility). I only use as many mods as I can keep track of and update myself if need be.

Last edited:
Back