SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

It seems like it should be but it is not one in the same from what I can tell. o_O
Remove all of the fbx files in there, then copy over should be the 3 files.

Trying to just convert anything results in this for me:
4f52827807b052d6d9c9a7411e340dca.png

I tested it with SR3 Weapons AND SR4 Weapons.

Did you test with the template files? Converting from the other weapons directly has not been fully tested. So getting familiar with the templates is best up front.

Did you open the Converter and point directly to the chainsaw.fbx file?

Edit: I converted the supplied chainsaw.fbx and had no issues with that.

I'm curious what is the full path of where the "converter" folder lives?
I would imagine you have not moved any of those files out of that extraced folder?

Edit: I'm also curious where the "chainsaw.fbx" full folder path is as well.
We've updated the tool to be as path friendly as possible but we may haven't hit all cases.
Do you also have a new "output" folder in the same directory as the chainsaw.fbx file you were attempting to convert?

Last edited:
Did you test with the template files? Converting from the other weapons directly has not been fully tested. So getting familiar with the templates is best up front.

Did you open the Converter and point directly to the chainsaw.fbx file?
Same stuff happens when using the templates
92156a3e6beb0198b5336aa55a5c7a11.png

EDIT: Renaming my folder to not have spaces did work.
But packaging does nothing.

ddb67eb86e4a980f0398e4e6a45d1a46.png

Last edited:
You're missing the pack files you are modifying in your packaging folder. You need to have those in order for packaging to work at all.

We are updating the archive with a fix for the paths issue you had, that didn't make it in for the converter. If you got the original archive you can replace the "SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py" with this updated file.

Attachments

• SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.7z
    26.8 KB · Views: 599
Yea, can you get the converter I just linked to and try that?

Oh, also that will output a lot of Unable to find files if multiple asm/str2's are in the package folder. Usually you just want the asm/str2 files in the folders you are going to pack specifically.

Back