SRIV for PC or Console?

At the end of the year (or whenever the real RadeonHD 8xxx chipsets are released, and not the OEM rebranded 8xxx's) I will update my graphics card, but for the moment my RadeonHD 6850OC from Gigabyte runs all the games I have at max settings flawlessly.
I bought it when it was already a couple of months on the market, but at 130 Euros it was dirt-cheap (I guess that's about 200 USD or something).

And yes, get it for PC, otherwise you miss out on all the mods for it.

I agree with Jadephyre.
I'm currently using a Saphire Radeon HD 6750 1GB and the only things I can't turn up in SRTT is Anti Aliasing at 1080p settings (1900x1080 pc). My box is an AMD A8 3850 (2,9Ghz quad core) with 8GB's or ram and Windows 7 64bit.

I mean you have an I3 3.3Ghz (which is what a dual core) a 64bit version of Windows 7 and 8 gigs of ram.
The only thing missing is a 1 or 2 Gig video card.

Note: Currently you can find the ATI HD 7750 for around $92 US on pricewatch (I just looked it up).
Its not the best but It will play SR3 and probably SR4 at max settings minus AA at 1900x1080.

You will probably want to pick a USB game pad, unless the PS3 game pads use a USB connection? You stated that you had SR2 and 3 on PS3 so I'm assuming you have a PS3 game pad.

I had SR1 on the 360, currently have SR2 on the 360, and have SR3 on Steam. I use a xbox 360 wireless controller with my pc and rarely touch the keyboard while playing games on my computer. I'm getting away from consoles for a couple of simple reasons.

1. Mods and tinkering with settings are available to pc games (not so much for consoles).
2. Steam does not charge for multiplayer capability (xbox does with Live, and I have no idea how Sony does it).
3. You can upgrade your pc, you can not upgrade a console.

I've been gaming since, ummm, the Atari pong.
I've had multiple consoles over the years and I always end up going back to the pc.
Heck I've got some of Volition's originals on CD setting in my entertainment room...
Decent, Decent Freespace, Red Faction (2 disc install), Red Faction 2 (again 2 disc install), etc etc (along with games like Doom 3, Unreal 2, Star Siege, Tribes 1 and 2, and Bungies old game Oni, just to mention a few).

And most of those games will run on my current pc (mostly in Windows xp compatability mode, but they will still run).

I remember trading in all my old Sega Genesis games and console on the Sony Playstation when it came out. After a couple of years I gave that to my nephew and went back to playing everything on Windows 95/98 in either OpenGL, Glide, or DirectX (man Direct X sucked back in the day). I remember when the first Xbox was released on a puny Intel Celeron cpu, and an Nvidia graphic chip, I ended up buying one just for Halo. Then turned around and bought Halo again when it was released for the PC. I skipped the PS2, and PS3 but I picked up one of the first 360's (or 3 since 2 of them went red ring of hate). I remember seeing the first DLC items (mainly map packs and what not) and saying to myself this is the stuff that Valve, Epic, and Id used to give away to the gamers to keep them playing there games. Damn if Microsoft isn't taking something free and charging for it. Then I looked at Xbox Live and its multiplayer options (oh you want me to spend an additional $60 a year just to play online with your @#^^ console... F that. I already have to pay for my internet connection and multiplayer is FREE on the PC (minus silly things like Ever Quest and the like).

Oops I think I went on a rant...

Any how pick up an ATI or Nvidia 1GB or 2GB video card and then pick up SR4 for the PC.

I've played SRTT on my computer and it raan flawlessly, but I don't know why, I prefer the console version. I'm not into playing games on computers, so it's very difficult for me to work with the keyboard. If you don't have any experience with playing on the computer, you better choose the console version.

I've played SRTT on my computer and it raan flawlessly, but I don't know why, I prefer the console version. I'm not into playing games on computers, so it's very difficult for me to work with the keyboard. If you don't have any experience with playing on the computer, you better choose the console version.

If you don't like keyboard and mouse control, then why not buy a wired 360 controller for your PC? It plugs into a USB port and just works automatically. Most modern games like the Saints Row series will automatically use it with the correct mappings.

If you don't like keyboard and mouse control, then why not buy a wired 360 controller for your PC? It plugs into a USB port and just works automatically. Most modern games like the Saints Row series will automatically use it with the correct mappings.

Yeah when you say 360 controller you mean the Xbox one right ? I hope it works with the Dualshock3 then, because I own a PS3. And even if it worked, some, or maybe all of my USB ports are screwed. Don't know what's the problem behind this, nor how to fix it, So I wouldn't be able to play with the controller.

You can use a PS3 controller, but it takes some configuring and messing around with 3rd party software to get it working right. A 360 (xbox one) just plain works right out of the box. every PC gamer should have one imo.

Yeah, but the truth is.. I don't know how to use a 360.

Back