SR4 Rebooting PC (Shouldn't be a heat issue)

I am trying to verify that it is not, in fact, a hardware issue but the one thing that is hard to tell is the PSU, as I do not have a spare lying around. It does not appear to be bad memory though, and heat has not seemingly been going above any normal levels from before, nor is it it too high from what I have read. I don't OC or anything, but perhaps it is an underlying issue. If so, I'll have to figure it out!

Well you can try looking there and look for the Message from the Bluescreen.
I couldnt try it yet on a friends Computer will look for it today.

From another board:
Sudden restarts mean that his computer bluescreened. Could be overheating.
You can disable automatic reboot on BSOD like this: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm
Reproduce the problem with that option disabled and note down filenames, errors and error codes if a BSOD does occur again.

My friend has this issue; he's going to install the latest BIOS for his motherboard (the one that makes Bulldozer CPUs compatible) and I'll let you know if it fixes it.

Well you can try looking there and look for the Message from the Bluescreen.
I couldnt try it yet on a friends Computer will look for it today.

From another board:
Sudden restarts mean that his computer bluescreened. Could be overheating.
You can disable automatic reboot on BSOD like this: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm
Reproduce the problem with that option disabled and note down filenames, errors and error codes if a BSOD does occur again.

The heat was all registering within normal levels is why I said it is likely not heat. Nothing over 48C for the CPU and nothing over 70C or so for the video card. It COULD be a PSU issue but those are a bit harder to diagnose without a spare PSU laying around which I currently do not have. I did turn off the automatic reboot, which should hopefully help me narrow it down if it happens again. Thanks for the tip.

Back