SR4 Character Mesh Viewer

Yes it will work with some of the SR3 models. If you look at the third post you will see it has screenshots of SR4 characters followed by some SR3 characters.

SR4 Character Mesh Viewer

If you look at the 'Usage' section of the first post you will find it lists instructions for SR3 and SR4. However, the software does have limitations and will not work with every model. If I get more time I would like to do some updates to the software in the future but I don't have anything at the moment.

Oh please , thought this project was done . like , retired . with your tool i was able to extract some haircuts and clothing and i made them importable to 3ds max and blender , thanks a lot ;)

Oh please , thought this project was done . like , retired . with your tool i was able to extract some haircuts and clothing and i made them importable to 3ds max and blender , thanks a lot ;)

You're welcome. Glad to know the object files work with 3DS Max, I only have Blender to test with and have no plans to get 3DS Max.

You're welcome. Glad to know the object files work with 3DS Max, I only have Blender to test with and have no plans to get 3DS Max.
Well , i haven't tried with 3ds max by myself , i just extracted the files and share with some friends and they were able to export them to 3ds max . i just tested them with blender aswell , but it seems to work pretty good with 3ds max . will you update this tool soon?

can anyone help me with this issue i'm having trying to open Zinyak's Mech in Mesh Viewer, i get this message every time "index was out of range. must be non-negative and less the size of the collection. parameter name: index"" i have no idea what that means and this is the only mesh i can't seem open out of all the .ccmesh_pc files?

can anyone help me with this issue i'm having trying to open Zinyak's Mech in Mesh Viewer, i get this message every time "index was out of range. must be non-negative and less the size of the collection. parameter name: index"" i have no idea what that means and this is the only mesh i can't seem open out of all the .ccmesh_pc files?
I Made open it long time ago , i'll check it out again if i can extract it as an .obj file . works for you?

i kinda wanted it in the Mesh Viewer to use 3DVia Printscreen, that is the only way i've been able to get their textures to go on right afterwards, i like porting ragdolls to gmod aswell

I played around with it a little and found out that MeshViewer encountered a problem when trying to read in the draw calls for Zinyak's Mech. It had a bad value for a material index so I put a guard in to deal with it but it is clear that there are more problems as can be seen by the image below. There is still more decoding work that needs to be done on the file formats and I have seen this kind of output on some of the clothing meshes. I will try to do some more digging and find a solution for this issue. :oops:

Zinyakmech.jpg

awesome, that's some progress i would think then if you got it to at least open even if there is issues, hopefully you can help with this, and if any of you also use gmod i can share these saints row 4 models i'm ragdolling, i have Zinyak already buy i wanted his Mech aswell

Back