SR3 Texture Utilities

I use the version of gibbed tools that came with Gentlemen of Steelport. Use Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2 <name of the str2 directory>. I have found that the directory name must not have any spaces in it and you have to follow it with a \. i.e. Gibbed.SaintRow3.PackSTR2 testdirectory\. It will place a _Packed.str2_pc file in the directory you specified. Rename as needed.

You will also need to update the asm_pc file that was in the same directory as the original str2_pc files using the Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM tool. If it works properly then the output should list all the str2_pc files you have modified.

Hi again,i've been trying to repack these two textures in this zip and i keep ending up with a 0byte gvbm file,
what am i doing wrong?The original gvbm is inside.

Attachments

• ProtestSignSAINTS_B.zip
    239.7 KB · Views: 568
Looks like there is a bug in the repack program. I'll see if I can fix it. I have a few real life things to do but hopefully I'll have it fixed by tomorrow.

Found the problem. It wasn't a bug. The texture file names are <blah blah>.tga.dds. (A bit confusing I'll admit but all the game textures have a .tga extension and I add a .dds extension so your paint program will know what type of file it is).

Your textures are missing the tga part.

When I get a chance I'll update the program to look for both *.tga.dds and *.dds files. Oh and fix the incorrect error message. (It should be for reading not writing).

Hi, dont mean to sound like an idiot but im completely lost on the instructions here, can someone explain, it says about cpeg_pc files and yet i only have VPP_PC

Help is much appreciated as i wanna try editing a few textures myself

Back