SR3 Texture Utilities

It's your files. I get the same error trying to extract them, but when I extract mine from my archives the tool works fine. I would suggest first verifying integrity on Steam then reextracting the archive that contained them and trying again.

You are running the Steam version, right?

That actually didn't work. I checked the integrity but it still causes errors.

Your file is different from mine. The only possible explanation that I can think of is that you either are not running the fully patched Steam version, or there is some kind of regional difference between releases. Do you have the censored German version of the game?

Your file is different from mine. The only possible explanation that I can think of is that you either are not running the fully patched Steam version, or there is some kind of regional difference between releases. Do you have the censored German version of the game?

I shouldn't I'm in America.

I shouldn't I'm in America.

You can still get a German key outside of Germany through digital sites which would give you the censored version. How exactly did you buy the game? Also, would you link your Steam ID or stop by Gentlemen of Steelport group chat?

Well, that answers the legal Steam version question.

If it's not a different regional release like the cut German one with different files, the only thing I can think of is that it's a problem with the tools extracting those particular files. Other than that, I have no idea.

You can still get a German key outside of Germany through digital sites which would give you the censored version. How exactly did you buy the game? Also, would you link your Steam ID or stop by Gentlemen of Steelport group chat?
I bought it through Steam. Maybe I will try extracting everything again.
Well, that answers the legal Steam version question.

If it's not a different regional release like the cut German one with different files, the only thing I can think of is that it's a problem with the tools extracting those particular files. Other than that, I have no idea.

New version (v6) hot off the presses.

I've now added some optional command line parameters to the two utilities.

These are:

SR3UnpackTextures [optional parameters] <cpeg file name>

Optional parameters:

-o:<output directory>
Set the directory that the textures are extracted to, instead of the same directory as the peg file.​
-silent
Only output errors.​
SR3RepackTextures [optional parameters] <cpeg file name>

Optional parameters:

-i:<input directory>
Set the directory that the textures are read from, instead of the same directory as the peg file.​
-o:<output peg file>
Set the name of the peg files that are created. Handy if you don't want to overwrite an existing peg file. The file name must end with cpeg_pc or cvbm_pc.​
-silent
Only output errors.​

Attachments

• SR3TextureUtilities6.7z
    82.5 KB · Views: 448
Back