SR2 Has stopped working after over 60 hours of gameplay

Were you using mods or something? Load Crashes are related to Save games... which most of the time is due to installing a mod, save game with the mod and then removing it.

You may want to reinstall the mods you were using.

Oh yes, can you create a new game with no issues?

Were you using mods or something? Load Crashes are related to Save games... which most of the time is due to installing a mod, save game with the mod and then removing it.

You may want to reinstall the mods you were using.

Oh yes, can you create a new game with no issues?

I never used any mods, I just changed language that 1 day and I can't load game ever since but I can create a new game...

Yeah you take huge risks with vanilla Saints Row 2 as GotR fixes as well as alters many aspects of the game. Not to say GotR patched game is 100% problem free but it's a hell of a lot better than regular SR2 which is broken in many ways as you can tell.

As IdolNinja says about GotR: "The Gentlemen of the Row mod enhances the base game with additional content, and over 150 bugfixes and tweaks making Saints Row 2 a much more stable and rich experience. Some of the new content includes 100+ new clothing items with 120+ new logos, improved weather including a darker nighttime and more vibrant colors in daytime, plane and boat mechanics for customizing, additional missions, new vehicle dealerships, new weapons, new cribs, new homies and gang styles, more car paints, more skin colors, tattoos, makeup, optional 360/PS3 onscreen prompts, and even new cheat codes including NPC morphs (just to name a few.) All of these features have been extensively tested and confirmed to work correctly with either a new game and complete playthrough from start to finish, as well as being compatible with existing vanilla saves. Keep in mind certain new features aren't as slick as they could be. For example, the new vehicle stores have a naming problem when you buy them and it displays an strange name on the confirmation screen. Another example, is that Maero's monster truck can now be customized with everything except body paint. Doing so crashes the game, etc. I had to make a decision that the benefit of certain new features outweigh the problems with them.

While most of the Gentlemen of the Row mod is comprised of additions and enhancements, it also does permanently change some of the original features like certain taunts, compliments, walks, weapon meshes/skins, logos, and other things that may bother a purist."

I'm not sure what can be done. You could share some of your saves and see if others have the same issue maybe?

You 100% sure Steam Cloud is not restoring the changed language saved game?

Maybe do a search for Saints Row 2 save game crash and see what pops up.

Best of luck!

It's not possible that all the saves got corrupted, though, if you haven't been overwriting them. Something else is amiss. Unfortunately, i can't imagine what that may be. ANYTHING you have changed on your computer could be involved, even if it seems tangential at best. Except maybe browser addons.

Yeah you take huge risks with vanilla Saints Row 2 as GotR fixes as well as alters many aspects of the game. Not to say GotR patched game is 100% problem free but it's a hell of a lot better than regular SR2 which is broken in many ways as you can tell.

As IdolNinja says about GotR: "The Gentlemen of the Row mod enhances the base game with additional content, and over 150 bugfixes and tweaks making Saints Row 2 a much more stable and rich experience. Some of the new content includes 100+ new clothing items with 120+ new logos, improved weather including a darker nighttime and more vibrant colors in daytime, plane and boat mechanics for customizing, additional missions, new vehicle dealerships, new weapons, new cribs, new homies and gang styles, more car paints, more skin colors, tattoos, makeup, optional 360/PS3 onscreen prompts, and even new cheat codes including NPC morphs (just to name a few.) All of these features have been extensively tested and confirmed to work correctly with either a new game and complete playthrough from start to finish, as well as being compatible with existing vanilla saves. Keep in mind certain new features aren't as slick as they could be. For example, the new vehicle stores have a naming problem when you buy them and it displays an strange name on the confirmation screen. Another example, is that Maero's monster truck can now be customized with everything except body paint. Doing so crashes the game, etc. I had to make a decision that the benefit of certain new features outweigh the problems with them.

While most of the Gentlemen of the Row mod is comprised of additions and enhancements, it also does permanently change some of the original features like certain taunts, compliments, walks, weapon meshes/skins, logos, and other things that may bother a purist."

I'm not sure what can be done. You could share some of your saves and see if others have the same issue maybe?

You 100% sure Steam Cloud is not restoring the changed language saved game?

Maybe do a search for Saints Row 2 save game crash and see what pops up.

Best of luck!

You offering to try out some of the saves? If not anyone else wanna do it plz? :p

Last edited:
Sure. Here's one of my saves for you to test. When you upload one, some or all of yours I will take a look.

Of course backup and empty your saves and just copy this one over and goto continue or load game and see. ;)

Last edited:
Sure. Here's one of my saves for you to test. When you upload one, some or all of yours I will take a look.

Of course backup and empty your saves and just copy this one over and goto continue or load game and see. ;)

K here's mine. Is the last 1 but they are all the same (none of them load ><).

Attachments

• _1085506556045010020611090313221455.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 329
Back