SR2 Has stopped working after over 60 hours of gameplay

I get the "sr2_pc.exe has stopped working" message and yes, I have tried all the fixes in here: "http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922" and Nothing worked for me so far.

What I did was change the language on Steam for it because I wanted a friend who deson't speak English to see me playing a part of the game and wanted her to understand. Game starts in Spanish but when I try to load the save it crashes and I get that message. It's not just 1 save, it's all of them. I tried changing the language back to English but it didn't fix the problem. The game has worked fine for me up until now, I finished it and I have over 60 hours of gameplay, never had an issue until now and I'm starting to lose hope after trying all those fixes and nothing working... somebody help plz??? ><

Did you also verify the game files via steam?

Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This is a nightmare... why would a game I played for like 70 hours suddently stop working? Doesn't make any sense... If it hadn't worked from the beginning would have been something else. And it crashe when I load the saves (all of them like I said above), I can start the game normally and go through the menu but when I load something it dies. BAH I wanna play!

Get any new USB devices since then?

Try a clean install.

Backup your save games: C:\Users\Your name here\AppData\Local\thq\saints row 2

The .bbsave files.

Turn off Steam Cloud for SR2. (Right click on Saints Row 2 in Steam goto Properties and click on Update then untick Steam Cloud.)

Then uninstall the game in Steam. Right click and select Delete Local Content.

Now delete the THQ folder at: C:\Users\Your name here\AppData\Local\thq\

Then the game folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row 2

Now re-install the game. Run it and exit then install GotR (If you installed it) and other tweaks like PowerTools and such (if you did any)

Run the game then exit.

Now restore your saved games. Run the game then load a save. If it works save again and exit then turn Steam Cloud for SR2 back on.

Should work. ;)

Get any new USB devices since then?

Try a clean install.

Backup your save games: C:\Users\Your name here\AppData\Local\thq\saints row 2

The .bbsave files.

Turn off Steam Cloud for SR2. (Right click on Saints Row 2 in Steam goto Properties and click on Update then untick Steam Cloud.)

Then uninstall the game in Steam. Right click and select Delete Local Content.

Now delete the THQ folder at: C:\Users\Your name here\AppData\Local\thq\

Then the game folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row 2

Now re-install the game. Run it and exit then install GotR (If you installed it) and other tweaks like PowerTools and such (if you did any)

Run the game then exit.

Now restore your saved games. Run the game then load a save. If it works save again and exit then turn Steam Cloud for SR2 back on.

Should work. ;)

OMFG It did not work... This is such BS if I have to start the game all over... because I can apparently start a new game but I don't want the almost 70 hours of gameplay to be lost... this is so stupid?? How the hell did that many save files get corrupted? Is there no way to fix them???

Not sure. I do know IdolNinja's documents for GotR say to save in multiple slots and save often.

So you changed languages and it borked all your saves? Well looks like you found yet another bug in SR2.... Try changing a few different languages and see if the saves will load? Can't make it any worse....

Maybe IdolNinja or someone equally experienced can chime in here.

Good luck!

Not sure. I do know IdolNinja's documents for GotR say to save in multiple slots and save often.

So you changed languages and it borked all your saves? Well looks like you found yet another bug in SR2.... Try changing a few different languages and see if the saves will load? Can't make it any worse....

Maybe IdolNinja or someone equally experienced can chime in here.

Good luck!

Oh man you have no idea how many saves I got... i have like 2 saves for each mission... TONS of saves and they are all corrupted OMG I wanna die!!!

Back