SR2 Cut scene graphical glitches...

You don't actually need to be recording with DxTory. Just don't hit the record button.
Well, that's a really, very helpful suggestion! It's helped fix my game's cutscenes! Yeah, its unfortunate that we need an outside program to help framerate, but it worked! All I had to do was set the program's FPS limit to 30 on its last page and everything runs smoothly now!

also for the Nvidia owners. there is a tool to edit the game graphical profiles.
Nvidia inspector. 1.9.7.1 is the latest.

mlDBHJG.png

2wuXilC.png

For ATi there apearantly are Radeon Pro and ATI Tray Tools and the CCC

I use Radeon 7800 HD Series. Can in-game VSync have any effect on these cutscenes?
off: The funny thing is, cutscenes in GTA IV are messed up as well... :/

I use Radeon 7800 HD Series. Can in-game VSync have any effect on these cutscenes?
off: The funny thing is, cutscenes in GTA IV are messed up as well... :/
For GTA4, try locking the game to 30fps. Parts of the last mission are basically unplayable unless you do.

For GTA4, try locking the game to 30fps. Parts of the last mission are basically unplayable unless you do.
[OFFTOPIC] This has been a problem since 2009 when I bought the game. Tons of threads read on the Internet to no avail. I have tried lately to contact Rockstar to see what their approach is. So far, nothing helped. I'm talking about zoomed cutscenes. They suggest it be a problem related to the resolution. However, I'll try capping these FPS... [/OFFTOPIC]
I use RadeonPro and I capped FPS at exactly 58. :p Works like a charm.

Wouldn't setting the refresh rate to 30hz on the desktop with Vsync on in game do the same thing?

Any update if a new version of Power Tools can be done to lock cut scenes at 30 or 23/24fps?

Seems like cinematic cut scenes should be around 23-24fps....

Is this an OS thing? Kind of how you only need Power Tools for Windows 7/Vista if your CPU is not clocked at 3.2GHZ but not Windows 8?

[OFFTOPIC] This has been a problem since 2009 when I bought the game. Tons of threads read on the Internet to no avail. I have tried lately to contact Rockstar to see what their approach is. So far, nothing helped. I'm talking about zoomed cutscenes. They suggest it be a problem related to the resolution. However, I'll try capping these FPS... [/OFFTOPIC]
I use RadeonPro and I capped FPS at exactly 58. :p Works like a charm.

This work for SR2 as well? Ever set the desktop refresh rate to 59hz with Vsync on in game and see if that makes a difference?

This work for SR2 as well? Ever set the desktop refresh rate to 59hz with Vsync on in game and see if that makes a difference?
Yeah, that 58 FPS thing is applied to SR2 and it works. I'm yet to check whether it includes GTA IV, too.

Yeah, that 58 FPS thing is applied to SR2 and it works. I'm yet to check whether it includes GTA IV, too.

So you tried setting the Refresh rate to 30hz or 59hz then Vsync on in game (which will cap the FPS to 30 or 59fps) to see if it does the same as that tweak you did of capping it to 58fps?

Back