SR2 Cut scene graphical glitches...

Hi,

First of let me say that I love Saints Row 2, I love it more than Saints Row 3 which to me has lost everything I loved about SR1 and SR2, especially when it comes to customization and good re-playable (cinema, TV) cut scenes.

And it's about the SR2 cut scenes that I want to ask you guys about.
You see, I mostly played SR2 on my Xbox 360, but recently I bought it on Steam for my PC and I noticed a problem pretty much from the start, a problem with a number of cut scenes of the PC version of the game.

During the very first cut scene for example, the two jail guards completely disappear when they go down the stairs, same thing happens after you have escaped the jail and are on the boat, The Boss and Carlos disappear.
Items also disappear and sometimes are in the wrong places, bottles are next to characters hands instead of holding on to them, sometimes this happens with guns, during the bar scene The Boss sits next to his chair instead of on it, I just recently saw The Sons of Samedi cut scene, one of my favorite scenes, where The Boss is fighting some Samedi inside a car, the two Samedi he's fighting with just seem to drop out of the car during the fight which results to this weird shot where The Boss is fighting thin air...These are some strange glitches and I have no idea why this is happening.
I also have to tell you that the glitches are only during some cut scenes, not all and there are no graphical glitches during the game itself.

I saw somebody do a Let's Play on You tube and he used the PC version, but his cut scenes were perfect, no glitches at all.
So it has to be a hardware or driver conflict on my side.

I have tried several graphic settings in the game, none of it helped, the cut scene glitches are still there no matter the in-game graphic settings.
I also have installed all latest hardware drivers, including for my graphics card which is a Nvidia GTX 670.

Does anyone have this same problem during SR2 cut scenes?
If so, have you been able to fix it?

These are my system specs:

Memory: 8GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 670 (latest driver as of 25-5-2013)
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
Controller: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (wired)

Thanks for your time, please contact me if you have a solution...Because these glitches really ruin the immersion of the game.

[email protected]

Quite a few people have reported that issue over the years, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of similarity that I could see between their hardware/software. Unfortunately, there is no known cause or fix for it.

I have played it recently on my GTX670 and had no problems with the cutscenes.

I have the same issues but I think I found the problem.
When I set my graphicsettings higher, the cutscene bugs are lesser and when I go to the task manager and only activate CPU 0 and CPU 1 i don't get any bugs at all.
So my theory is, that as closer as i get to 30 fps, I get lesser bugs (are the cutscenes on consoles maybe 30 fps?).
So maybe someone could make some kind of fix or anything, that you can set the cutscenes to like 30-50 fps.

I hope I could help someone :D

(Sry for my english, I'm german :p)

Edit: Its definitely the fps. When you start a recording with fraps and cap it to 30-40 fps, there are no bugs.

I also have a problem. First mission, the jailbreak. When Boss and Carlos are staring at the city on a boat, they are pushed back onto back of the boat. Everything during the cutscene.

Hmm... this might already be known, but it appears to be linked with some kind of framerate issue. I've just recently upgraded my rig and am experiencing this issue. However on my old machine, it did not do this 'animation lag' thing.

I did notice something now though on my new computer. I had it running in window mode in the background, and, despite it running at only about 10 frames per second or so while in the background, everything synced up just fine. I want to say that it might be because its trying to run at more than 60FPS, problems are arising.... but my technical know-how regarding this is all but none.

If there's a way to force a framerate in this game (24, 30, 45, 60 FPS etc) maybe it might be able to smooth out better.

EDIT: Seems I didn't catch iZfaN's statement until now. It is indeed a framerate concern.

Hmm... this might already be known, but it appears to be linked with some kind of framerate issue. I've just recently upgraded my rig and am experiencing this issue. However on my old machine, it did not do this 'animation lag' thing.

I did notice something now though on my new computer. I had it running in window mode in the background, and, despite it running at only about 10 frames per second or so while in the background, everything synced up just fine. I want to say that it might be because its trying to run at more than 60FPS, problems are arising.... but my technical know-how regarding this is all but none.

If there's a way to force a framerate in this game (24, 30, 45, 60 FPS etc) maybe it might be able to smooth out better.

EDIT: Seems I didn't catch iZfaN's statement until now. It is indeed a framerate concern.
I actually get glitches in SRTT too.

You can lock framerates using FRAPS and Dxtory.

Back