SR2 Complete Combat Overhaul

How long has this mod been overdue?

• Not that long. Saint's Row 2 went on sale on Steam recently.

Votes: 64 82.1%
  • Long overdue. I stopped playing Saint's Row 2 years agp.

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
My game freezes at "Airborne Assault" Samedi mission. Can someone take a look or is just me? I already tried patched and unpatched with this mod. It actually freezes on that part when this mod is installed

Made an account to notify that this mod causes crashes after you've robbed a place and are driving away in your vehicle. I presume its the moment cops shoot out of their vehicles.
I've tried both Steam and GoG versions of the game, with latest patches.
Other issue is your discovered locations are never saved.

Unfortunate as what this mod offers, honestly should be essential for SR2 and the amount of tweaking done in it is very well done.
Now to try Captain Jax's original Realistic SR2 Weapons mod to see if it will crash too (requires new start to test the same scenario as mentioned at beginning)

Edit: Captain Jax's Realistic SR2 Weapons mod also has exact same issue. However his first tweaks mod which is also in same thread, works without issue as it is only weapons table file edited.

Last edited:
Made an account to notify that this mod causes crashes after you've robbed a place and are driving away in your vehicle. I presume its the moment cops shoot out of their vehicles.
I've tried both Steam and GoG versions of the game, with latest patches.
Other issue is your discovered locations are never saved.

Unfortunate as what this mod offers, honestly should be essential for SR2 and the amount of tweaking done in it is very well done.
Now to try Captain Jax's original Realistic SR2 Weapons mod to see if it will crash too (requires new start to test the same scenario as mentioned at beginning)
Since it's been so long since I made this mod and updated it, I'm giving permission for anyone to take over and resume development as I've forgotten the a lot of the programming language. As it brings a lot of needed changes to SR2, I agree that it is an essential mod and needs to be finished.

Since it's been so long since I made this mod and updated it, I'm giving permission for anyone to take over and resume development as I've forgotten the a lot of the programming language. As it brings a lot of needed changes to SR2, I agree that it is an essential mod and needs to be finished.
I agree that it is essential, minus how it breaks saves if you try to uninstall it lol.

Map progression saves, if homies.xtbl isn't used. Weird as it only adds properties to Legal Lee as a homie. (syntax or memory issues?)
Game doesn't crash in same scenario I described anymore, probably because I don't use homies file which somehow messes with saving/loading the game and highly likely is the cause of instability in my tests.

Files that cause no issues and give following features are
  1. ammo.xtbl - Max ammo count and mag/clip count
  2. explosions.xtbl and foley.xtbl - Sound detection of weapons and explosives, and explosive radius
  3. gameplay_constants.xtbl - 2 Handed props tweaked to not be thrown as far and fires/being on fire lasts longer and does same damage in end result
  4. level_objects.xtbl - Bullet penetration and infinite object fade time
Update: Melee.xtbl works without issues, lethals don't interfere in Fight Club activities etc.
McManus requires Realistic Weapon Names mod to be used, so make sure you take the file out of the folder and place it with rest of the files. Change of String caused this issue...

Last edited:
Necro

Is there any way to have everything *except* the change of the fireworks?

I want the mod, but I like launching fireworks lmao

Necro

Is there any way to have everything *except* the change of the fireworks?

I want the mod, but I like launching fireworks lmao
In that case, you might need to edit this files: "Items_3d.xbtl" "Items_Inventory.xbtl" "store_weapons.xbtl" and "weapons.xtbl"

This model is very unstable if you're going to download it I would recommend having a backup save

This model is very unstable if you're going to download it I would recommend having a backup save
yeah i stopped using it due to how volatile it is with save files, once you put it on.. you better not take it off or that save will never load again afaik.

Necro

Is it OK if I share a personal, modified version of just the weapon.xtbl and ammo.xtbl; sort of like an alternative to this mod's original weapon stats? I did a couple of changes, like swap firing sounds to match the modified rate of fire (e.g. the AR200 still sounds like it fires at 400 rpm, even if the weapon in-game already fires at 800 rpm), and other tweaks that I made to make to my liking.

I'm not really planning on 'resuming' the development of this mod. I just want to share a different option to the weapons stats this mod offers. It seems that its pretty safe to overwrite the weapon.stbl and ammo.xtbl without breaking the save, so swapping between this mod's weapons stats, and my stats aren't going to be an issue.

Back