(Spoilers) Mission loading screen hangup in co-op

And that was with him as the co-op partner then? Well shit. We also used different mods as well. I used Idol's TOD early unlock, wardrobe colors, 4x rift distance, customize any car, and I think his additional cheats mod as well, but I didn't use any cheats. We used completely different mods, yet have the same issue.

Alright, you do make another point though, there is one other option. Did you or your co-op partner complete the Pierce mission before doing this? I am ahead of my co-op partner, I've beaten the game and am level 50 and he was still at that point, although he passed the mission in singleplayer so I can't do anymore troubleshooting. I assume since you mention our characters being high leveled that maybe one of you did the mission before the other?

I completed the mission on release night with another co-op partner, before the mods, but without an issue. I'm doing it again with another co-op partner at level 50 with all powers and getting this issue-- they're still doing the game for the first time.

Got the same infinite loadscreen last night in coop but on a different mission. It was for the second part of Kinzie's loyalty mission and we both had to control-alt-del and end process.

Got the same infinite loadscreen last night in coop but on a different mission. It was for the second part of Kinzie's loyalty mission and we both had to control-alt-del and end process.

Do/Have you have/had any mods installed on your save or were you or your partner at a higher level in the co-op? Appears to be the common thing to summon this bug, just a matter of narrowing it down now.

He told me he gets its frequently even when playing singleplayer, it was the first and only time for me and it wasn't repeatable as trying the mission again, it ran fine.

I run the extended cheats. Played around with several others like unlimited super powers but wasn't running these when it happened.

This keeps happening to my friend and I, we cannot complete this mission. Neither of us have any mods installed and we both verified our caches through Steam.

For future reference this is the same bug catalogued in the newer topic by BonacimBR, I believe. If the mods wanna merge threads or something to cut down on confusion that's cool with me

Hi there, I just registered to bring you a solution that worked for me and my buddy.
We tried everything, regarding only SMG during the mission to de-customize the weapons, but nothing helped.
Through luck and sheer despair we switched the host (normally I was hosting) and *baaaaaaaaaaammm* it worked! So at least: give it a try and maybe it works for you too... :)

Playing LAN co-op, and getting the infinite loading screen occurring at the end of the Finale part 1.
Both machines have had all mods cleaned off, and reverified cache.
Tried several times on this one, and kept getting the infinite load screen. (ALT+F4 is the quickest way out of the infinite load screen.)

Swapping Host around took some time, as other player had already played ahead. (logging in anew, and copying save files across).

I have to admit, that after seeing that loading screen come up literately (not figuratively) dozens of times during play, that there is something really wrong with having the faster computer as Host.

Playing with the slower computer as LAN host appeared to solve any loading screen issues.

Still get the occasional crash to desktop, and game freeze, which appears random however. (I think my GPU is to blame for the game freezes.)

Back