(Spoilers) Mission loading screen hangup in co-op

Hi guys, just caught a bit of a bug in co-op with the mission Boss goes to Washington. I know this mission works in singleplayer for me because I am past it, but me and my buddy are trying to do it. We have encountered this bug twice in a row consistently just now, and we've co-oped the entire game up to this point.

After you collect all the weapons and hit Paul with the rockets, the cutscene where he slaps you onto the next building occurs. After the cutscene, the world never loads, it's stuck on a loading screen. However, the game is still going on in the background, I can taunt/compliment and hear my character and my controller vibrates every so often like I'm taking damage. If my co-op buddy leaves the game, on my end the loading screen stops and gives me the option to save, so the game isn't hard-locked.

I asked my buddy to forge ahead solo on his game and see if the mission still did it, in case it was his files, but the mission worked for him past that point so this is a co-op exclusive issue.

I'm having this issue on PC in co-op as well. We have tried the Boss goes to Washington mission multiple times and each time the game gives us a loading screen after Paul throws us from the building. The loading screen does not go away until one of us leaves the game, at which point the mission fails.

same problem here, exactly as described in OP.

we removed all mods, verified local files in Steam, no luck.

Friend and I keep having the issue. PC edition with yesterday's update installed. I removed all two of my mods and we both ran a validation of the cache, everything looked good. It's just with this mission, leaves us at the loading screen as stated with the above posts but my controller vibrates and stuff when I press buttons.

Quick question to the rest of you that have it, what is the order you did the three homie missions in for your co-op game? Someone else just passed the Pierce mission in co-op and he said something that may (For some odd reason) help troubleshoot.

In my game, we did Ben King's homie mission first, and then Pierces. We hadn't started Ashas' yet.

The couple that did Pierce's mission successfully did Pierce's mission first, and are now doing Kings. They also haven't started Ashas' yet.

I don't think it's order. One one co-op play-- before the update-- friend and I got Pierce first and went through without an issue. Though after the update another friend and I tried going for Pierce first but were met with this issue, so we decided to grab everyone else, complete their quests and try again but still met with this error.

We need to save him from Paul! D:

We did Ben, Asha, Pierce.

I noticed the Steam achievement for completing all missions in co-op has been obtained by only 0.3% of players. I know the game is new, but that still seems very low. I suspect the patch broke this mission for everyone.

EDIT: We just loaded an old save from before we rescued any of them and tried to save Pierce first. Same issue as before.

Last edited:
Alright, so order isn't an issue...how about mods? How many of you have used and/or removed mods from your games, and were your co-op partners using the same mods?

First co-op run through was without mods, clean file and we made it way past this on launch night. Second run with a different friend today who, as far as I'm aware, had no mods. The only mods I have are Dim's Nude Mod and shitface's FOV mod-- uncensoring and camera mod respectively. Removed the associated files and tried again, nothing.

The only thing I have that my second co-op partner doesn't is the Season Pass DLC, my first co-op partner had that.

Has to be the game and something with that update.

EDIT: I just posted in the Bugs and Technical Issues thread on the game's Steam page, seems that other people are experiencing the same issue.

Last edited:
Back