Some questions about the developer console

Any idea of approximately what fraction of the commands will be able to be made available?
Also, is there a "bind" command, like in the Source engine? (bind [key] [command], executes the command when you push a key) That would be much more convenient than using the cheats menu. (Of course something like Sandbox+ could also do that.)

I don't know how many of those commands Mike will be able to make available though, so don't get too excited just yet.

I thought JT was working on this change. I'm not sure what he is up to or what he will be able to bring over.

I have another question: is it more likely that we'll get the console in SRIV than it is for SRTT? (Any idea how likely it is for SRTT?)

I have another question: is it more likely that we'll get the console in SRIV than it is for SRTT? (Any idea how likely it is for SRTT?)

I would imagine that both will be done at the same time. Depending on testing and releases and all that jazz, it could hit either game first, but I see no reason they wouldn't both get the same tools.

Thanks. I was just thinking that since SRIV is still in development, it would be easier to make certain changes.

Actually, it will probably be harder to make changes there. Those guys are working hard on the last few bugs and if we went in there and just started changing massive things like adding the developer console back they would flip out. :)

Back