Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PC

Thanks for the garbage Epic Account requirement, Volition..... You guys simply don't give a damn, do you? You basically lied to Deep Silver about the status of Agents Of Mayhem's development, you released the disastrously reboot, and now you pull a stunt like this? No one wants to link any Epic Games account of any kind, and no one wants to play a game that wants you to link the account AS A REQUIREMENT!!!
I don't know how many times I have to say this, but having an account is not a requirement. I don't know what is the situation needed to not have the "account required" error but you can totally play co-op without one.

See: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-is-getting-a-remaster.20048/post-128259

I'm still against EOS running in the background though.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but having an account is not a requirement. I don't know what is the situation needed to not have the "account required" error but you can totally play co-op without one.

See: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-is-getting-a-remaster.20048/post-128259

I'm still against EOS running in the background though.

See that screenshot? this thing keeps poping up even if click on the Top Right X to close it. I have never created an epic account. In other words, it's trying to force me to create one. No matter what i do, that thing won't go away. I showed this screenshot to one of my Steam friends and he asked who SwiftTurtle965 is... and i got no frigging clue... aparently that's the username epic wants to asign me for my new account?

I think that if i click continue it will redirect me to create one and link it to steam then it will stop appearing, but I DO NOT WANT to do it.

Forcing this crap is a no-no. The latest Tomb Raider games also had the same issue a few years ago but people keept complaining and they were forced to remove that EOS requirement.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Has anyone found a way to actually play the game since the update released? For context, I do have an Epic Games account (yes I have the Epic Games Launcher, it sucks but I have it to play with friends) and yet the game refuses to launch. I've tried everything: launching it in Steam's offline mode, moved my savefiles, deleted all Workshop mods, moved all non-Workshop mods, edited the SaintsRowIV.ini file, changed the name of SaintsRowIV.exe and sr_hv.exe, reinstalled it... and nothing. Still won't work.

I've finally managed to fix the game! Here's how, hope it works for you all too (just to clarify: DLCs and mods still work!):
* Boot up Steam, and open the developer console by pressing Windows+R, then pasting steam://open/console in the "Run" box and pressing Enter.
* In the developer console, paste the following: download_depot 206420 206421 32002699204955846
* These are the main SRIV files (packfiles, videos, etc.) from the last patch before the abysmal Re-Elected patch. They're 8,670 megs (almost 8,70 GB!), so they'll take some time to download.
* Once they download, paste the following in Steam's console: download_depot 206420 206422 6013726710204312506
* This is just 6 megs, and it's the old SRIV executable. You need it to play SRIV without the patch: the new executable won't work with the old files.
* Before you do anything with them, head to your Saints Row IV installation folder (by default, it's Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Saints Row IV) and delete the following files: SaintsRowIV.exe, sr_hv.exe, SaintsRowIV.ini & EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll (thanks to RedAISkye for notifying me about the last one!)
* Now that you have the old files, you have to locate them. They're in your Steam installation folder, under steamapps -> content -> app_206420. There, you'll find the old files under the "depot_206421" and "depot_206422" folders.
* Copy and paste the content of both folders in your Saints Row IV folder. Replace all the new files with the old ones (they're 100 as far as I remember).
* Now, start the game in Steam.
* ???
* Profit! Now you can play SRIV again.
Just to clarify, I haven't tested co-op yet, but it should work with no problems. All of my old non-workshop mods work flawlessy, but I've yet to test if Workshop mods work. DLCs and their content work flawlessy, both customization and story-oriented. The MySteelport emulator works too, but with one odd quirk: the first time I booted up SRIV after fixing it, I went to Imagine as Designed/Imagined as Edges and loaded the character gallery, but forgot to start the MySteelport emulator. When I started it, I logged in just fine, but the game said I had no characters available for download. Just exiting the game and booting it up again fixed the issue, though, so it may not be something important but I'd like to clarify it just in case.
If any administrators/moderators find this message helpful you can post this info in other threads or make one dedicated to it. I was going to post this in a new thread but I didn't know where to post it (general chat or get help). If you have any questions regarding this, I'll answer them in a couple of hours. It's three in the morning here and I'm really tired :p
As a bonus, if you want to revert the game's Steam library appearance (logo, cover, background, etc.), here are the links to the original library assets:
* Small logo (capsule) https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/capsule_231x87.jpg?t=1486042711
* Big logo (large capsule) https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1486042711
* Header https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/header.jpg?t=1486042711
* Cover https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/library_600x900.jpg?t=1567457337
* Background https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/library_hero.jpg?t=1567457337
* Logo https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/206420/logo.png?t=1567457336

Last edited:
Update: couldn't force myself to sleep with these loose ends, so I tested it and Workshop mods work flawlessly as well. The MySteelport emulator still works with no issues, so I'm guessing the lack of downloadable characters was just a one time problem, maybe caused because I booted it up while the game was trying to connect to the MySteelport servers? Who knows. Anyway, I've got two pictures to show the game is running appropiately with mods enabled. The first image is the downloaded Cyrus Temple character displaying Sandbox+'s player resizing function, and the second image is my character using the Valve Clothing Pack Workshop mod and brandishing a DLC skin, whose name I forgot but it had something to do with kaijus... I think. Still haven't tested co-op because none of my friends are awake, and I don't blame them.
Edit: I thought my game looked odd and indeed it does. My graphic configurations are on Medium for some reason. I guess that's a side effect of applying the old files.

20221209034313_1.jpg
20221209034615_1.jpg

Just to clarify, the so-called "legacy" version that Steam provides as a beta is broken too. It won't open either, and from what users are claiming in the game's Discussions, it also loads Epic Online Services.

Yeah, this "Legacy" build in the Beta branch is exactly the same as the main one. Someone effed up real bad there.

Thanks for posting the method to downgrade. Will surely try it out.

I kinda know what you mean. I got a bunch of Skyrim mods on Nexus and every now and then people Scream and DEMANDING in the comment sections to fix my mods, because they were using like 10 different animals mods at the same time and stuff weren't working. And Skyrim is that type of game were if you used mods changing the exact same thing then it can cause a lot of conflicts. I also had to upgrade most of my mods when the Special Edition came out on 2016, since that version did a lot of changes to the Meshes. But yeah, people can be huge "D"s on things that are given for free from the community.

Back