saints row 4 trailer

I also do hereby officially offer my services ( free of charge ) as a professional technological consultant/adviser/designer to the staff developers of Saints Row 4 in order to help insure that the final release product is of a standard of quality expected by the gaming consumers.:cool:

My intentions are to help the SR4 dev staff in any way that I can free of charge in all areas and aspects in the game's production including texturing, 3D modeling, vehicle physics, character voices, gameplay modes/activities, user interface control options, player customization features, game world environment customization and anything else that would insure that SR4 will be the best version ever released.:D

http://www.volition-inc.com/contact/

@Arglaar - Thanks for the contact info there bro.:D

I will definitely be sending several e-mails notifying them of my technical consulting services free of charge.
However, I am just one voice ( although I can do many voice impressions/accents ) that may just be ignored by them.
Below would be some things I am writing them.
Would it be safe to say that the majority of the 32,000 members here are looking forward to SaintsRow4 that will outshine all previous versions?
Would you say that the 32,000 members here also represent a major marketing target for SR4 ?

Let's say hypothetically that they will set the purchase price of SR4 at $50 US dollors
and if only 20,000 of the members here buy it, ( 20,000 x $50 = $1,000,000 )
that is one million dollors !
I think that a million dollors of potential revenue should not be ignored.

Therefore this site has the opportunity to utilize this representation in a positive way by letting them know what we recommend should be implemented in the production of SR4.

Of course we can not expect them to use all of our ideas but they should at least read them so that they can get a general consensus or become aware of what we, the consumers want and expect.

Now we are not looking to change the story line and we are not asking for anything that would dramatically alter the game, we just want a few basic features that should not be too difficult to be coded into the game
( we could even write the codes and send it to them to save them the work and time )
And even if they totally ignore every idea and suggestion made on this site, they should be able to easily do 3 simple things that should have been done in SR3.

Here are 3 simple things that should be done before 8-23-13
1- Make sure that all of the ladders are climbable.
Being that this looks like SteelPort that has been invaded by aliens and most likely using the same 3D geometry as a base foundation, and since there was never a patch to enable the ladders, the least they can do is get it right this time and make sure that ladders work this time.

2- Include a "save player character" feature that can store at least 2 custom player characters.
( would have asked to save at least 4 player character creations but don't want to push it )

3- Include a player character face creation animation toggle so the head stays still during creation and NOT turning from side to side as if gesturing 'no'.

zero 0 = head not animated / not turning left & right or making facial slider adjusting easier
one 1 = head animated / turning left & right or making it difficult to adjust facial feature sliders

Is this too much to ask for ?
Would this be too difficult or time consuming to make?
If so, then at least make it possible for us game modders to do these 3 simple things.

We just want to help insure that the final product is going to pass our high standard and if they are business smart they should also understand that they can make a lot more money in sales if the game reviews are positive.

They should also thoroughly beta test the game before releasing it for sale.
For example; if there are hundreds of ladders in the game make sure that they are climbable.:rolleyes:

They have a lot of work to do within 5 months time to the projected release date of 8-23-13 and I think that by us offering them free help to make sure it gets done right will also equate to a better finished product and much more sales revenue and money for them.

I personally do not care about making any money for helping them, but I know how to help them make a lot more money with SR4 if they understand the basics of business administration and strategic product marketing.
Give the consumers what they want and ask for and sales will skyrocket.

You should also consider this;
Ignoring an over 32,000 potential sales consumer market is unwise and a poor business strategy that can have a significant negative financial outcome.
For example;
If the purchase price for SR4 is set at $50 US dollors ( 32,000 x $50 = $1,600,000 ) and if all of us informed you that we will NOT purchase SR4 if these 3 simple things are not done, then you will loose $1.6 million dollors in sales.
Can you afford that ?
Would that make your superiors happy ?
Would you say that ignoring us would be financialy profitable ?

If I find out that the ladders are still not climbable and that you failed to accomplish these three simple requests, I will NOT purchase SR4 and thousands of others will NOT purchase it !

You should most likely be aware by now of the general dissatisfaction with your product SR3 and your failure to at least release a patch to fix the ladders shows us your disconcern and incompetent sense of detail. ( how could you not notice hundreds of unusable ladders throughout the city and then release an incompleted work ? )

Now is your chance to get it right and do the right thing for the thousands of us that have purchased SR3. ( I paid $56 US dollors for SR3 )

The evidence is clearly overwelming if you simply take a look at all of the numerous game modifications created by the many talented, creative and knowledgeable game modders in this site that shows and proves our abilities to enhance and improve gameplay in SR3.
So we know now what is involved in writing the codes for this game and we will NOT be fooled again !
I have offered you my time, many years of game modding experience and help at NO charge to you because I think that you can use all the help you can get. I do in fact have a very sharp sense of detail and notice everything and anything that can be made better. ( that is my profession for over 23 years now )
You have nothing to lose and tons to gain by accepting my generous free offer that I can easily guarantee will greatly increase your projected financial revenues.
I have never failed in over 23 years of helping many businesses, companies and individuals greatly improve their operations, quality of work and financial gains.
They are now all doing much better because of me and now you have the opportunity to also reap the many benefits of my many years of success.
I know this may sound like a commercial advertisment ( I do advise many advertising firms here in New York City ) but it's only meant to clearly inform you of an offer you should not ignore or refuse.

The results will be positive, ( they always are and have been for years ) you will be able to produce this game correctly and get good reviews for a job well done and make millions of extra dollors doing it.

Or you can choose to ignore my generous offer of help and continue to go about your substandard ways of management and incompetent sense of details and business sense.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Here's something I noticed from the trailer ( flashed for 2 seconds ) that should be corrected.
guitarcasegun1.png

A rocket launcher in a guitar case ?
Or probably the guitar case geometry from the standing guitar player action node that lays on the ground in front of the NPC playing the no sound guitar that can be found across the street from the store 'Let's Pretend' and in SunsetPark.

A guitar case geometry with RPG coding done backwards.
If you were the superviser in charge of approving what goes into the game, would you approve or allow this to be in the game ? ( I wouldn't )
If a staff employee submitted this for my approval, I would say that if you are too lazy or not qualified to create a new unique 3D model for a new RPG and then have the nerve to submit to me a guitar case gun, at least have it pointed in the right direction giving the player a wider, less obstructed field of aiming view. Then I would send him to the nearest drug testing facility.
If this is the best you can do then your best isn't good enough to meet my standards of quality.
This clearly shows that the person in charge is also incompetant.
If you were to put an RPG into a guitar case, would you place it upside down ?
The game is 5 months away and already I see signs of lackluster work.

It's pretty much all of the fat they were forced to trim out of SRTT along with a new story line. Which is totally cool with me. Basically "Saints Row the Third, part II".

Make ladders climable like mentioned before. Add planes etc flying over the city, add npc boats on the water, make the trains drive again like in sr2.

The trailer didn't really hype me up. It looks like a DLC trailer for saints row the third to me and I really don't recognise saints row in this anymore.

Lets see what they further will do with it.

@Voltarox; Bro, way to totally miss the guitar as a reference to the movie, "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." She's holding it and using it exactly as the character did. Its not about logistics.

@Voltarox; Bro, way to totally miss the guitar as a reference to the movie, "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." She's holding it and using it exactly as the character did. Its not about logistics.
Yes, I agree it looks just like it was in that movie true but as a weapon for the game a bettter view would be more functional.

You should also consider this;
Ignoring an over 32,000 potential sales consumer market is unwise and a poor business strategy that can have a significant negative financial outcome.
For example;
If the purchase price for SR4 is set at $50 US dollors ( 32,000 x $50 = $1,600,000 ) and if all of us informed you that we will NOT purchase SR4 if these 3 simple things are not done, then you will loose $1.6 million dollors in sales.
Can you afford that ?
Would that make your superiors happy ?
Would you say that ignoring us would be financialy profitable ?
You're missing a couple of factors there.
Not all 32000 members of this site are really active, and there are enough people that don't give a flying fuck about some of the flaws SR3 had, I mean I never ever even bothered to climb up a ladder.
Besides. $1,6 million, it's a small price they pay. Koch Media spent ~$22 million on Volition, I bet they go for a large market. Compared to that $1,6 million is not much.
But it would be pretty clever (scumbag), and nice if they gave more mod support, so we can fix the small flaws, like ladder climbing, and then they update the patches with the fixes, but I won't mind it if they release the patches without any credits to us.
One thing I hope, is that the tables of the SR3 cars are still the same, I like the driving of my Infuego. :)

Just to add some ideas:
The ability to make new car variants. It's so stupid that the 8 gangs can't have their own variant, and that I can't clean up messy variants, like Fully_Customizable variants. On some cars that variant is a true mess.
The ability to make new car color sets. Goes along with the ability to make new car variants thing.
The ability to make new spawn groups. With the 8 new gangs my XTBLs are a fucking mess. -__-
The ability to make new teams. It flatout sucks to me that all the 8 different gangs are somewhat on the same team and only want to fire you. -__-
The ability to give existing components ingame to different cars. I always wanted to give the cops a great car, but it never worked. -.-
Further I would love to see the absurdly long pigtails I have ingame (lol).
Keep WDDTCPDG radio and its DJ, that radio DJ is fucking genious.
Would love to see the comeback of Hydraulics.

Back