Saints Row 4 Announce Teaser

* Kinzie is the Press Secretary
* Pierce is the Director of Communications
* Steve Jaros is excited about the VP, but doesn't want to spoil it. The only possible candidates I can think of that would warrant a spoiler are either Gat or Burt Reynolds. (Better be Gat.)
* Same drop in/drop out coop like the previous games and no splitscreen
given that the president was originally going to be Stephen Colbert, I'd bet money that he's been bumped down to VP

given that the president was originally going to be Stephen Colbert, I'd bet money that he's been bumped down to VP

That sounds absolutely plausible. I hope it's true!

Preorder DLC announced

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/22/hail-to-the-commander-in-chief-saints-row-4-preorder-bonus/

What looks like an eagle-themed jet reskin, the Uncle Sam outfit described in the PAX demo, and an all-in-one flamethrower, dubstep gun, and rocket launcher.

It bothers me that we haven't even seen any raw footage of the game, yet they're already showing off (albeit-free if you preorder) DLC.

EDIT: Also Idol, seeing this DLC just brought up another possible suggestion you could make to Volition: the ability to rearrange your garage list. If this game is going to have "available at the very beginning of your save" DLC vehicles, they should bother to give you the ability to put those vehicles at the bottom of your garage list if you so choose.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1cxch6/saints_row_4_preorder_bonus_commander_in_chief/

/u/walruzeater who claims to have some involvement in the game (maybe a volition employee) wrote:
Hey guys, since we finally released this screenshot, as a treat for you fans I'll give you some more information on the weapon since I created it. It uses an animation set similar to the Brute Flame Thrower & Brute Minigun weapons from SR3, but the player is not constrained to the slow walk speed. The weapon consists of the following weapons: -Light Machinegun -Sub Machinegun -Auto Shotgun -Heavy Pistol -Minigun -Rocket Launcher -Flamethrower -HUGE Combat Knife (can't see in the pre-order screenshot, unfortunately) All small arms weapons and the minigun are constantly firing when the trigger is held, and pressing X will alternate between the secondary firing weapon, which is either the rocket launcher or flamethrower - with the selected weapon rotating to the top of the weapon.

EDIT:

it's not a whole lot, but there's a nugget or two in the Amazon description

Patriots, Saviors, Saints - The presidency is not without its perks; Wield the most outrageous arsenal in Saints Row history; This is what the Second Amendment was meant for

What is the Simulation - Bend the world to your will and harness an array of super powers including Mind-Bending Telekinesis, Really Really High Jump, Really Really Fast Sprint, Shiny Blue Force Shield, and Sparkly Purple Fireball Projectile-of-Doom

Vehicular Manslaughter - Command a fleet of American made tanks, jets and attack choppers or hijack mechs, jet bikes and interstellar ships from an alien armada ? it's all science, with just a little fiction

Streaker of the House - Be the leader you were born to be with Initiation Station 2; 0; Save the world as an overweight ninja cheerleader or as hulking brute in a three-piece suit with a penchant for pony tails

Friends with Benefits - Seamless drop-in, drop-out co-op, a Saints Row standard, improved; The only thing better than one malicious super-powered President is two

for one, the bullet regarding the super powers is very similar to the one used in the fake-real EtD April Fools press release, except the Fireball is now Sparkly Purple instead of Shiny Blue. Looks like they're going to use the exact same assets as the Saints Flow-ken. In any case, it's good to finally have confirmation that it's returning (no surprise, though).

I dunno why they're including the Initiation Station in the description without explaining what it is to newcomers. However, it suggests that the ninja outfit may be available from the outset rather than as DLC, and more importantly, "hulking brute" suggests that character customization may be expanded to allow your character to be even bigger. Could just be hyperbole, though.

SR4 hands on article completed and sent to Volition for review to make sure it doesn't violate NDA. If you've been following my twitter you already know that the nda was looser than I expected and they gave me the go ahead to discuss features that have already been revealed in trailers and interviews. Lots of good info coming soon!

Will the article be the only thing you put out regarding your time with the game, or will you be answering questions (provided they don't involve spoiler-y stuff)?

Will the article be the only thing you put out regarding your time with the game, or will you be answering questions (provided they don't involve spoiler-y stuff)?

I should be able to answer any questions regarding impressions or mechanics of things that have been already been seen in the trailers or talked about in interviews. But, apparently Marketing got involved now and they are being... well... Marketing. I'm going to wait and see how this all plays out before answering any questions.

Do you mind if I go ahead and throw my questions out there for when/if they allow you to answer? I'm just curious about 3 things at the moment

1. What (if anything) has been done to make the world feel more alive (day/night cycle, air/water traffic, NPC animations, etc.)?
2. How have the controls been modified to allow the superpowers?
3. How do player/weapon upgrades work (see: can they be disabled)?

All of those questions are answered in the upcoming article.

Back