Saints Row 4 Announce Teaser

I heard from someone who experienced the PAX demo that the monster truck was in fact called the Infuego XL

Huh, good point. Maybe they just phrased it oddly and were only talking about new alien vehicles then.
that's what I picked up from it. I imagine they either meant new as in "new to this world, because they're alien" or new as in "in addition to the Gangstas in Space-themed alien vehicles"

Weapon customization includes colors. You can make gold or silver desert eagles. Scott Phillips also mentions this for a "cowboy gun" which is obviously the return of the revolver.

Initiation Station demo just like SRTT. No open world demo.

Weapon coloring is a smart move. I was afraid they'd ignore that factor, given the circumstances.

I'd like to see them add a small playable room to the IS so that you can properly test your character. Not so much that you could effectively just play the demo infinitely, though. And they definitely need to let you save your character to your machine rather than uploading to the cloud. I hated how if I wanted to make a change to my IS character, I had to remake him entirely

EDIT: I don't know if anybody else here noticed, but a sharp eye at the official forums spotted some sort of plus-sign item that flies out of a cop in the trailer when killed. It's actually visible in this picture that Idol posted earlier.

OUDdlN8.jpg

I doubt it's health, since I can't see them going away from regeneration, so I'd imagine it's either.

A. A method of recharging superpowers
or
B. Experience for upgrading superpowers, similar to the orbs from Crackdown

I'd put money on the latter. Note how the + is even light-blue similar to the Freeze Blast. In Crackdown you got specific colored orbs depending on the power used to kill (if you killed with a vehicle, you got purple orbs that went towards upgrading your Driving ability)

also, something I noticed: in the bottom right corner you can see an activity marker for what looks like Mech Mayhem.

Weapon coloring is a smart move. I was afraid they'd ignore that factor, given the circumstances.

I'd like to see them add a small playable room to the IS so that you can properly test your character. Not so much that you could effectively just play the demo infinitely, though. And they definitely need to let you save your character to your machine rather than uploading to the cloud. I hated how if I wanted to make a change to my IS character, I had to remake him entirely

EDIT: I don't know if anybody else here noticed, but a sharp eye at the official forums spotted some sort of plus-sign item that flies out of a cop in the trailer when killed. It's actually visible in this picture that Idol posted earlier.

OUDdlN8.jpg

I doubt it's health, since I can't see them going away from regeneration, so I'd imagine it's either.

A. A method of recharging superpowers
or
B. Experience for upgrading superpowers, similar to the orbs from Crackdown

I'd put money on the latter. Note how the + is even light-blue similar to the Freeze Blast. In Crackdown you got specific colored orbs depending on the power used to kill (if you killed with a vehicle, you got purple orbs that went towards upgrading your Driving ability)

also, something I noticed: in the bottom right corner you can see an activity marker for what looks like Mech Mayhem.

Now that you mentioned over the blue plus drop, I re-watched the trailer and caught a few screenshots of them scattered all on the ground:

xd9vde.jpg

5vvfd3.jpg

Unless those kills are Freeze blast related, I have my bet they are just common drops. Don't get me wrong thought, would be nice to have unique drops.

Saints Row 4 achievements updated in the steam database with what looks to be the full list and includes weapon and super power names:
http://steamdb.info/app/206420/

Enter the Dominatrix - Complete mission 'Enter The Dominatrix'.
Woah. - Get your first Super Powers.
Psycho-Kinesis - Complete mission 'There Is No Spoon'.
Battery Powered - Complete mission 'I Feel The Universe'.
Charged With Assault - Complete mission 'I Have The Power'.
Cyberactive - Complete mission 'Hello Teacup'.
All Saints Day - Complete mission 'When A Plan Comes Together'.
Just Like Old Times - Complete mission 'Just Like Old Times'.
Bad Memories - Complete mission 'Dewynter Blues'.
Cancelled Flashbacks - Complete mission 'Cloning Warz'.
The Man-Cat - Complete mission 'Donnie's Adventures'.
Big BadaBoom - Complete mission 'Wolverines'.
Where in the World is... - Complete mission 'Best Laid Plans'.
Mechattack - Complete mission 'Running Interference'.
Where is My Mind? - Complete mission 'My Hero'.
Re-Entry - Complete mission '4th Of July'.
That Damn Blue Pill - (no description could be a hidden achievement)
Zero Cool - Take control of the entire simulated Stanfield district.
In Memoriam - Take control of the entire simulated Carver Island district.
I Own This Town - Take control of the entire simulated Downtown district.
Cached Out - Collect 1,000,000 Cache.
Challenger - Complete half of all Challenges.
The Challenge King - Complete all Challenges.
Ooo A Piece of Candy! - Find 5% of all Code Fragments.
Ooo A Piece of Candy 2! - Find 25% of all Code Fragments.
Ooo A Piece of Candy 3! Find 50% of all Code Fragments.
Nom Nom Nom - Find 100% of all Code Fragments.
Half the Story - Find half of all Audio Logs.
The Whole Story - Find ALL Audio Logs.
Switch Hitter - (no description but it's probably using both male and female characters for a certain amount of playtime)
Zoo Keeper - Kill 25 Wardens.
Super Excellent! - Purchase all Super Power upgrades.
And I Ran... - Super Sprint for 250,000 meters.
So High - Be airborne during Super Jumps for a combined 10 minutes of gameplay.
I Am Become Death - Kill 1000 Aliens with any combination of Super Powers.
Mind Skill - Kill 100 Aliens with the Telekinesis Super Power.
I'm Rubber... - Reflect 20 projectiles with the Super Shield Dash.
Chill Out - Freeze and Shatter Kill 100 Aliens with the Freeze Blast Super Power.
Fist Meet Ground - Kill 100 Aliens with the Death From Above Super Power.
Going Ballistic - Kill 150 Aliens with the Stomp or Nuke Super Power.
Mighty Mecha Player - Kill 200 Aliens and Destroy 50 Alien Vehicles with the Mech Suit.
Experi-Mental - Kill 25 Aliens with each: the Blackhole Gun, Glitch Gun, and Disintegrator.
Goon-ba Stomp - Squish 100 Aliens after shrinking them with the Micronizer.
Saints Row Row Row - Spend 2 hours with past Saints Row characters as your homies.
Danger Zone - Survive in the Forbidden Zone (NE District) for 15 minutes.
Upload the Dominatrix - Upload a character to the Saints Row Community Site.
I See You - Upload a screenshot to the Saints Row Community Site.
TK Boned - Destroy a flying vehicle by Telekinesis throwing another vehicle at it.
Unbalanced - Achieve a Mayhem combo multiplier of over 200x.
Catch! - Using Telekinesis, catch 25 objects thrown at you.
Co-Opted - Play SRTT:ETD Co-op for 2 hours.
Voyeur - Use the Video Record Mode.

I don't think they are outdated. The update happened today and replaced the previous entry that had only like 18 or so. If anything, they just missed the text description.

Send an Email to Volition and log it as a bug... Maybe they'll put you on the Beta team... :p

Send an Email to Volition and log it as a bug... Maybe they'll put you on the Beta team... :p

Yeah right. Like Volition cares about bugs. :p

Back