SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

That is definitely the best trailer we've gotten, although I'm a bit scared by how negative the reaction to it has been on streams watching the The Game Awards. The people I was watching complained that it looked empty, old, cheap and lifeless, which I'm not sure if I agree or not.

The city is definitely a highlight, it looks gorgeous and diverse, although I hope pedestrians can meaningfully interact with the world, such as with small details like the tourist binoculars.

I'm not a fan of our look at the character models so far, nor the customization. All the clothing sets seem to be one piece outfits, dresses or suits, and the various player models looked really bland. The one they keep using as the default in the advertising looks really ugly and off-putting.

The gang/main cast itself looked incredibly awkward and goofy in the cutscenes, what is seemingly supposed to be "cool" with the walkout just looks ridiculously dumb with their designs.

The combat and vehicles looked good, but the lack of bullet impacts on enemies and their general lack of reactivity looks unappealing. The variety of animations and the way the player seems to be able to weave in and out of gunplay looks like it has potential though.

I'm mostly just worried how little attention the game is getting on social media, and how various streamers and their twitch audiences seemed bored with it, I'm very concerned it's going to flop.

Saw the trailer, maybe i kinda regret saying that the game looks a bit bad. It's fucking awersome how they did it so well, also the way how to use the hoverboard reminds me so much of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas with the mod of the skateboard. Cant wait to play it on 2022

"Layered clothing is confirmed"...

When are we going to actually see evidence of this. The recent trailer was good. But I wish they'd stop with these photoshoot-style snaps of what look like just set Costumes.

Show us the clothing customization menus in action already. I want to see the layers of clothing being added on top of each other. I want to see if there's style options or just colour options.

Give us some solid evidence that we can actually dress up our character in absolutely anything layered on top of each other and not just have set outfits.

Other than that, I'm still looking forward to exploring this city for myself. The game looks like it's going to be great and I look forward to playing it.

Back