SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Hopefully this turns out to be a good decision. It's always important to avoid rushed development and crunch culture, and the game did seem worryingly unfinished in the snippets they showed.

Delaying is always a good decision, but it's hard to tell if its indicative of mismanagement behind the scenes, since publishers and developers are notoriously stingy with information pre launch. CD Projekt acted in what felt like a borderline illegal way when it comes to their blatant false advertising and deceptive misinformation on the state of development, and the game wasn't nearly delayed enough for how poorly mismanaged it was. The GTA Trilogy and Warcraft 3 Remasters should be considered illegal as well to be honest, but that is part of what is so frustrating about the unregulated fast evolution of the digital era.

Hopefully they take this time to reorient their marketing directives, and perhaps showcase parts of the game that will give fans more confidence, even if it's as simple as some redone banner art and showing off some different more interesting looking boss options.

Now the game won't be on steam for a bit under two years, which sucks a lot. Still have no idea if the game will end up being good, but they are going to have to try and earn the confidence of consumers.

Now that I think about it, the Saints Row 3 Remaster has a lot of the same issues the GTA Trilogy does.

Runs worse than the original, a tonne of new bugs and technical issues that haven't been fixed since launch, overwhelmingly negative reception on PC, character models pasted onto old rigs with no consideration for how the animations might break, obsession with "fidelity" and "upscaling" with no understanding of art and aesthetic cohesion, characters overall look much worse, a lack of desired quality of life improvements and tweaks that would dramatically improve aspects of the game and user experience. Massively overpriced with consumer hostile DRM, stuttering and performance issues.

The original Saints Row 3 consistently sells more on steam to this day, which is definitely better than maliciously removing the originals from all stores at least.
It's weird how easily impressed people are with a visual overhaul in the name of "realism" that only appears flashier and higher quality on the surface, but actively degrades the experience.

Undoubtedly GTA Trilogy is in a much worse state, but the lack of negative reception until the epic exclusivity ended is curious to me.

Could they not at least release the bugged, glitchy pre-alpha version as a form of "beta/demo"? Cos I really need to get my hands on something at this point.

Even if they just gave us free roam with at least 1 Crib, 1 Homie, some recruit-able Saints and access to a few of the stores. Just something to keep fans like me on the hype train?

Cos there's only so many times I can watch these very similar gameplay videos that seem to talk about lots of interesting stuff, but only show off basic stuff like driving and shooting. If I can get my hands on something playable, I can get a look at stuff I want to see, rather than all the generic stuff.

Go find little details, plug sockets on walls, logos & adverts on bus stops, 31 bottles standing on the wall, how many different scrap car models exist in the scrap yard. Just little things that make the game feel lived in, rather than a pristine show room.

Last edited:
Could they not at least release the bugged, glitchy pre-alpha version as a form of "beta/demo"? Cos I really need to get my hands on something at this point.

Even if they just gave us free roam with at least 1 Crib, 1 Homie, some recruit-able Saints and access to a few of the stores. Just something to keep fans like me on the hype train?

Cos there's only so many times I can watch these very similar gameplay videos that seem to talk about lots of interesting stuff, but only show off basic stuff like driving and shooting. If I can get my hands on something playable, I can get a look at stuff I want to see, rather than all the generic stuff.

Go find little details, plug sockets on walls, logos & adverts on bus stops, 31 bottles standing on the wall, how many different scrap car models exist in the scrap yard. Just little things that make the game feel lived in, rather than a pristine show room.

I know how you feel but after the majority of people not liking that reveal trailer and V is only now starting to win them over I don't think they will release a demo like that in fears of losing them again. They'll want to make sure what players get will exceed their expectations.

but like i said, i know how you feel because I want to play it too!

I'd rather play finished product than unfinished early access mess. I know you want to play it already but playing beta, a version full of bugs, unfinished content can ruin your feelings and change your opinion about the game. Image all the articles and YT videos "New SR game is unplayable shit", "Glitches compilation in Saints Row 2022", etc.

Maybe the best option is CC demo? Like they've done for TT and 4.

I'd rather play finished product than unfinished early access mess. I know you want to play it already but playing beta, a version full of bugs, unfinished content can ruin your feelings and change your opinion about the game. Image all the articles and YT videos "New SR game is unplayable shit", "Glitches compilation in Saints Row 2022", etc.

Maybe the best option is CC demo? Like they've done for TT and 4.
It would be nice to even just get my hands on the actual character customization menu. At least that would keep me occupied, and when the game is released, I'll already have a library of characters to choose from instead of having to go through every menu and spend the first 4 hours of gametime just creating a character.

Back