SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Honestly, im not a big fan of the gliding mechanic either because im afraid it will cause the same thing SR4 supowerpowers did... making the use of vehicles pointless. However... superpowers were the MAIN mechanic and the selling point of SR4. So far this one seems more like a "cool tool to have" rather than the main aspect of the game. I have the feeling this mechanic is here just to replace the boring parachute, at least i hope thats the case.

If this thing requires me to go on top of a building, and going on top of said building takes me 2 minutes to climb it, then yeah fuck it, i would rather drive. After all, what made gliding and flying boring on the long run in SR4 was how easy it was to gain height for it to be effective. Crazy super jump and i was flying through all the map in less than 5 seconds. You had access to a superjump everywhere at any time.

As long as this gliding is locked to specific areas or moments, then cool, im all for it. But if it comes with a cheap and cheesy superjump that will make it accesible everywhere just like in SR4... then yeah no, i dont want it to be tthe main "transport" mechanic and cause the same problem all over again.

I'm not really worried about the wingsuit making cars useless: People like to make the comparison to Just Cause 3 that had a similar wingsuit, however in that game you also had a grappling hook to give you more mobility, as well as let you quickly gain altitude to properly utilize the wingsuit in the first place. Same with the comparisons to Saints Row IV's glide ability, it is a common complaint that the super powers in that game made vehicles obsolute, however, glide wasn't our only mobility based super power, we also had super sprint and super jump, the latter of which enabled us to use glide, mechanics we have not seen in the reboot as of yet.

I'ts like saying don't use Rocket Launchers if they are too cheap and one shot multiple targets at once! That advice is stupid, because why i wouldn't use Rocket Launchers if they are part of the lore?! If the only means to get said Rocket Launcher was through cheat codes i would understand that argument, but since there are reasons they are part of the lore refusing to use them for the sake of "hey it's optional don't use it" argument is just dumb! In which case i would preffer something rather NOT being part of the lore, so i as completionist could benefit!...
Excluding mission specific objectives that require specific weapons, I personally choose complete SR, SR2, SRTT, & SRIV using only the pistol. I still upgrade all the other weapons, but I just never use them... Do you know why? Because there's no specific rule, demand, law, "lore", or commandment that states that I have to use them.

So if the Wingsuit is not required for the situation I'm in, I won't use it. If there's a group of enemies and the objective just says "Kill"... I'll just push each one of them off the ledge instead of using any form of combat at all. If I need to get from one side of the map to the other, and there's no timer... I'll just take a casual stroll over there without using any form of vehicle at all... Just because it's there and I have easy access to it, doesn't mean I'm gonna take it. Just like I'd never take candy from a baby, or a £10 note that fell out of someone's wallet. Sure the option is there, but I'm not gonna take it.

I'm sorry. If Let's Pretend and Jim Robs are now Fronts for these Criminal Ventures, does that mean you can no longer customize your vehicles and outfits there?

Because they didn't exactly make that clear in this video.

But despite that, I may have found my new favourite feature in this game. So long as this is something you can replay over and over again, like a diversion. And not something that becomes useless once completed, like an activity.

In every Saints Row, I hated playing Insurance Fraud, but I am honestly looking forward to playing it in this game.

Last edited:
Back