SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

It looks like fun. I wonder do you need a special suit or some kind of clothing addon to use it or does it appear out of knowere. What if your character shirtless?
As i can see in the video, it mostly what happens in sr2 and srtt, its like the parachute, but you can fly around instead

Edit: i mean gliding, not flying... i made a mistake, my bad

Last edited:
This thing will ruin the experience and make all other transport in the game redundant, cuz why bother making your way to helipads or airport or any other place for that matter to get a vehicle, when you can just jump down from nearby building and fly wherever you want?! This is going to be SR4 superpower crap all over again! When reboot is released you will see players swarmed using these wingsuits!...Cheap as hell, cheap and lazy!...I don't care how FUN it appears to be, it'll kill the immersion of the city within minutes!...nobody will bother to embrace city sights by slowly navigating taking everything in slowly, picking on every little detail! Everyone will just storm through the entire map using these Wingsuits, cuz hey that's fun! LOL

It's just gliding not flying means the distance how far you can go will be limited. It's also an optional feature so if you don't like it just don't use it.

Oh just like Saints Row 4 powers, right? Because people weren't using those?...i remember how well it worked for that game! LOL Here we go again with the same BS, now in reboot! Gliding, flying - call it whatever you want! But it looks like a cheap excuse!

Oh just like Saints Row 4 powers, right? Because people weren't using those?...i remember how well it worked for that game! LOL Here we go again with the same BS, now in reboot! Gliding, flying - call it whatever you want! But it looks like a cheap excuse!
Unlike the superpowers, the wingsuit is optional. There'll be the odd mission, activity, diversion, or collectible that requires it, but in free roam you can just choose not to use it.

Yes they'll be a lot of players who will choose to use the wingsuit as often as possible, but that's their choice. You play the game the way you want to. They're just giving us alternatives in case we want to mix things up. But I don't think the wingsuit will be forced upon us in every aspect of the open world.

You wanna go from rooftop to rooftop without using the wingsuit? Use a helicopter. You wanna get across the lake without crossing the bridge? Use a boat. You wanna get out of a deadly situation as quick as possible? Hop in a super car and speed the hell out of there.

Just because the wingsuit exists, doesn't mean it's going to take over the game, in fact, this is the first video where they really show it off. Until now, it's just been: On foot, driving, and piloting... The typical features you'd find in any down-to-earth open world game. And they definitely didn't feature the wingsuit in the controversial CGI reveal trailer.

People you miss the entire point...optional or not, it is there and it encourages to being used! It's like you have a choice of what to eat - you have either a dry vegeteraian sandwich or you have a chocolate cookie! Both options are available to you, but eating cookie over sandwich is way more tempting and hard to resist! This is the point i try to get across! I know that there are optional alternative, but so where in previous SR games and it's one of the reasons people complained so much about those games! Superpowers were too cheap and forced! But you still could pick a helicopter if you wanted...the point is - nobody chose to...
...The restrictions of not having something so OP (optional or not!) is what keeps game balanced! There are elements such as that, that ruin that said balanced! Instead of adapting to the tools game provides people will just abuse the hell out of these wingsuits and ruin the experience for themselves!...
Whatever it's still there and it's there to stay, so not like me complaining will change anything. I'm just saying how i feel about it, that's all...

Traveling in SR games was always a big issue for players for some reason. Because... why using vehicles when you can use superpowers to move from point A to B (SR4)? Why using cars when you can use vtols (SRTT)? Why using cars when you can use helis and planes (SR2). Let's remove all of the flying things and force people to walk and drive cars only (going back to the roots, SR1 experience).
I'm sorry but that's dumb.
Don't get me wrong but I think you like being restricted. It's Saints Row, an open world game, they give you options how do you want to travel so choose how you want to do it. You can even use cars in SR4 and enjoy it like I do. Bet people will be using vtols or flying bikes instead of wingsuit anyway cause they're faster and have weapons.
keeps game balanced
Why are you worried about balance? It's not a multiplayer game lol.

Last edited:
Ugh...because i don't want things all over the place, duh? And no, i don't want to be heavily restricted, but i also don't want to be everything dumb and accesible too! Like i said Wingsuits will render all other vehicles redundant and i'm tired of explaining myself as to why at this point! I thought i made myself clear i can't be any more clear than that! But you do you i guess...
...The problem with - "it's optional don't use it" logic is that it assumes something is not part of the lore! In which case it's not true! Cheat codes aren't part of the lore, so they are optional! Wingsuits are! By restricting myself from not using them, i'm consciously refuse to enjoy the part of the lore, they have been made part of! When something isn't part of the lore - it is the only time when it';s truly optional! I'ts like saying don't use Rocket Launchers if they are too cheap and one shot multiple targets at once! That advice is stupid, because why i wouldn't use Rocket Launchers if they are part of the lore?! If the only means to get said Rocket Launcher was through cheat codes i would understand that argument, but since there are reasons they are part of the lore refusing to use them for the sake of "hey it's optional don't use it" argument is just dumb! In which case i would preffer something rather NOT being part of the lore, so i as completionist could benefit!...

Last edited:
Back