SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Nice, looks like I was kinda wrong about the gritty stories, that "Esto es por ti, mama." line is definitely interesting. On the other hand Kevin is literally a fucking influencer, that sucks. I hated how the saints were famous personalities in SR3 and this might be worse, a criminal who also wants to be a celebrity is just begging to get caught or killed.
And Marshalls are indeed a bunch of Robocop wannabes...

In terms of general aesthetics and themes, it's just SR3 all over again, even if the gameplay might be leagues better.
With all the good and bad I've seen so far, the customization is really the feature that's going to make or break this game for me, I hope they have layered clothing like RPGG thinks.

The writing and characters are absolutely what I'm most worried about, I do not want them to self censor and make the game sterile and lifeless. A lot of recent sequels and modern games have ruined what made them special and fun.

Volition dev teams calling the original mean/badass attitude "too edgy" and a "Products of their time". This sort of statement feels like a kick to the balls to originals fans.

I don't like the new crew and their Ned Flanders attitude. "Kevin wants to be a TV Chef" complete with gloves... that told me everything about the personality of this new crew. This new Saints Row game is not for me, but i wish Volition luck and that this title sells a lot. That's all i'm going to say. time to move on.

Overall my feelings actually haven't really changed a lot, I still have the same concerns and hopes. The city has interesting looking locales, but unless the npcs are well designed and intelligently live in the world it wont make a huge difference. The constant jump-cuts meant I couldn't follow the gameplay and see if it looked any good. We really didn't get shown a lot and nothing that really impacted my thoughts overall.

I still am not a fan of the characters, and this didn't really dissuade my concerns, the default boss in engine looks really bad and off-putting, and the small clip of character customization options only showed goofy choices designed to deliberately look ugly, which isn't what I'm looking for at all. The concept art for the supporting cast looks a lot better than their actual in engine appearances, especially Eli, whose proportions look incredibly messed up. I am also not a fan of the constant social media flair shown in the concept art.

The blood effects looked terrible, and the visuals under the hood of the car Nina was working on looked incredibly rough. Other than that, the small snippets of the visuals, explosion effects and environmental and vehicular destruction looked polished and well made, but it's impossible to know for sure because of the constant rapid fire jump-cuts.

I'm still really worried about self censorship, and nothing I wrote really changed because barely anything was shown. Obviously this was made before they saw the public outcry from fans, so I hope future marketing is altered to allay peoples concerns.

Saw the new trailer and well, not looking at it entirely and rather fast-forward then stopped watching pretty early. Hoping the game turns out better than most of us expected.

Disappointed? Very much. But from that trailer I learned,

-- to anyone hoping that might get new SR game [read; SR5] that feels like 1st, 2nd, hell even like 3rd or 4th that's more polite -- did you guys see how Volition are now? They look old and I don't think they got the teeth any longer. Time change, so does people. And devs that worked on the predecessor might not even be with the team anymore.

Also good luck with the new direction for this beloved franchise. Was waiting for years for Boss'/Playa's continuity on their journey. Guess it's time for me--them--to move on and close the book.

Last edited:
and the small clip of character customization options only showed goofy choices designed to deliberately look ugly, which isn't what I'm looking for at all
What you're describing here specifically has been present in Volition's marketing for a very long time: it was in the "Trick my Life" trailer for SR2, in the "In Saints Row Trick" trailer for SR3 and in the "Meet the President" trailer for SR4. Volition has just always been bad at advertising their customization features, and this specific montage of the boss wearing shitty and outlandish outfits is something they think is effective. Same deal here, what we saw in that new trailer isn't representative of the options we'll have in the game, especially since they've said the customization will be extensive and "the best" in the series yet.

Pretty much spot on for the rest, I'd say.

i loved the 3rd and 4th game very much and dare i say it was better in my opinion then sr1 and sr2 but this is wrong the tone of the game is wrong the vibe of the game feels wrong graphics look much like fortnite just take a look at how much dislikes there are in the reveal trailer then the likes just change the name of the title for this game pls

I'm really torn on this. I think alot of people were expecting something different, whether they wanted SR1/2 style or not. And the fact that our very first hint after so long was a bomb shell doesn't help it feel any less forced. The gameplay looks like a revamped SR3/4 with alot more shit, and the graphics are pretty solid. There's clearly potential, but it looks like alot of things got ignored/are continuously getting ignored including the fanbase, which brings me to the Saints Row twitter. I don't expect them to kick into damage control mode, but to do nothing but give sassy replies and disregard to a concerned fanbase really sells the idea that social justice is the new focus, and old fans have no room there. It's not the right way to go about addressing fan complaints, but who needs a professional social media manager when you have a hip, cool youngster with daddy issues and a shitty attitude? "haters gonna hate" though y'know? We atleast got full customization confirmed and the typical Saints Row styled open world full of activities. Can't say I'm 100% disappointed with the game, just upset that the devs will never listen.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-08-27-15-28-24.png
    Screenshots_2021-08-27-15-28-24.png
    801.1 KB · Views: 144
Hmm, late for the news that it is now Epic's exclusive... So that makes Epic as the publisher, right?

Well, if that's the case then one can't complain much really. The last time I know it used to be THQ. And of course then Epic "can't go the THQ way" 'cause they're two different things and whole another audience with them. Well, with that in mind I guess it's fair enough -- at least for the business, not much for the fans though.

But yeah, never into Epic's stuffs so I guess that's all about it. See you when I see you, Saints.

Last edited:
When they said a "Gameplay Trailer", I was expecting a round of Insurance Fraud or Snatch, or a few diversions like Assassinations or Vehicle Theft. But once again we get more cut up clips that don't exactly give us a lot to go off.

Yes it's cool to hear the developers talk about the different features that the gameplay offers, but I'd very much like to see those actual features in action.

Like when they mentioned that you can build your own outposts and stores, that sounded really awesome, and I was hoping they'd actually give us a glimpse of what that would actually look like... But no. All we got was more gunshots and explosions.

It was nice to see a little of the various environments throughout the video, but I still feel like I need to see a lot more actual gameplay to be entirely convinced that this game indeed DOES have a lot to offer.

And to all my fellow original Saints Row fans who have already gave up on this reboot and gave up on the future of Saints Row... I should be right there with you.

But I'm just hoping that this is all the marketing team's fault and the game we actually get is a lot better than it's being advertised.

Last edited:
Back