SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

I do think the emote wheel is a nice improvement. And I'm looking forward to see what they're doing with their "Combat Overhaul". But to be honest, while I didn't find the combat amazing, I feel that there are bigger problems with the game that I hope they improve upon.

Expanding the map is cool, but doesn't feel very meaningful if there is nothing special to do there. I hope they add more interactions within the existing and new areas and more sandbox elements (dynamic events outside of missions and activities), perhaps expanding the empire building aspect of the game with a bit more depth.

I mean, just doing something as simple as adding a random chance for conflicts to occur between civilians or between rival gangs, without the player's involvement would breathe a bit of much needed life into a beautiful but sadly lifeless world. Just have something happen without the player always needing to be the one who starts it.

I'm not feeling all that impressed with what I'm seeing right now, and I have mixed feelings about the roadmap. I'm not expecting perfection, but I hope we will get a few new solid features that makes Santo Ileso a more interesting sandbox to mess around in by the end of the roadmap.

This game needs a mind blowing content that would make people want to play the game again not emotes. I mean it can be a nice feature but I hope it's not a main feature. I really really really hope they have something bigger and better to show.
I mean, obviously there's lots of improvements the game needs that should be their main priority, but "emotes" have been in the series since SR2, they were just called "compliments & taunts".

I don't know why they thought they needed to rebrand that feature as "emotes", especially since that just makes me think of 🤢 Fortnite 🤮, COD, Minecraft, and many other games that brand their impromptu animations as "emotes".

It seems like they're just stripping Saints Row of its uniqueness in favor of trying to blend in with the crowd.

Yes it may have Customization options like no other game, but it still sometimes feels like I'm playing a blended cocktail of other games that definitely don't belong in Saints Row.

Last edited:
I think "emotes" is just easier to market to people unfamiliar with the games rather than "taunts and compliments" at this point.

I think "emotes" is just easier to market to people unfamiliar with the games rather than "taunts and compliments" at this point.
True... But I still think "Animations", "Interactions", or even "Gestures" would have been better than calling them "Emotes", every time I hear that word, my brain instantly jumps to "Fortnite" as that's the first game I came across that used that name. And the only reason I ever played it was to help my friend out with some Co-op & Multiplayer achievements...

After that grim week, I spent the next 4 months in Stilwater beating pedestrians to death with a "Stop" sign... While Johnny Gat, Shaundi, & Luz, were throwing cops off the bridge.

It's a shame we'll never have gameplay like that again.

I really pray for the return of the human shield mechanic in the future. That feature alone opened up so many venues for messing with the NPCs.
For me I definitely want to see the return of "environmental weapons". Just being able to walk up to a Fire Hydrant, ATM, Postbox, Trash Can, just anything on the streets & sidewalks, and pick it up, or pry it off the ground and use it to give someone a quick facelift, is something I've really missed since SR2.

I really pray for the return of the human shield mechanic in the future. That feature alone opened up so many venues for messing with the NPCs.
They need to fix NPCs first and fix that smirking face oh god.. for human shield its possible mods need it since they telling us right "Human shield wont return"That means they would never release it but its bad if they charge it as paid DLC.

I mean... Literally a new playable world space got announced first as part of next months update. This seems like a small feature they are mentioning as part of that much larger update. Like I get wanting more, but like this seems fine as an addition to what we know should be a big update.

Back