Saints Row 1 Texture Pack for Saints Row 2 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want your SR2 to look like that? No problem. First backup your "shaders_pc" file then open the file in Notepad ++, then find where it says:

data\shaders\standard\bb-terrain1-ns_s.fxo_pc and
data\shaders\standard\bb-terrain1_s.fxo_pc

Remove them then save and enjoy!

Reactions: F13
You want your SR2 to look like that? No problem. First backup your "shaders_pc" file then open the file in Notepad ++, then find where it says:

data\shaders\standard\bb-terrain1-ns_s.fxo_pc and
data\shaders\standard\bb-terrain1_s.fxo_pc

Remove them then save and enjoy!
Thank you very much

When it's brown like that it looks like sewage to me
You know playing Saints Row 2 you can see a lot of pollution and litter just about everywhere in the game.

I just watched a clip of the cutscene "Taking It To The Edge" in Saints Row as the Protagonist and Dex was in pursuit after Angelo Lopaz and in 0:22 seconds in the video I seen the actual color as you see in the screenshot:
View attachment 14645

Here's the video

I used a small program called ColorDetector to get the RGB color from the water in the red circle, here's a more up close pic:
View attachment 14646

So the water color it detected are:
RGB (77, 70, 60).

I used that color in the "time_of_day.xtbl" and it turned out like this:
View attachment 14647

I'll tell you later why there are little to no reflections on the water this includes reflections of the sky and clouds that you would normally see in SR2.

Another shot under the bridge that used to be a drawbridge in SR1:
View attachment 14648

Tell me what you think about the water color.

On with the reflections, in the main install folder of Saints Row 2 is a file called "shaders_pc", with that said you can find where it say "data\shaders\internal\cube_map_render_s.fxo_pc" , delete that and save but don't forget to back up the file first, then you'll see less reflections on the water in the game but it's sometimes look weird:
View attachment 14649
When will these updates be released?

When will these updates be released?
More work need to be done so hang in there, it will be finished soon, patience is a virtue ;)

Last edited:
Just got finished updating the new Startup for version 3 of my texture pack! Watch it here:

Update: Inside the game's map lies a new color! Not sure this one stays, all I need is a yes or a no.
North
SR2_pc 2016-09-01 09-29-38-96.png

South
SR2_pc 2016-09-01 09-29-32-87.png

Last edited:
Which one should I use for version 3 of this mod?

This one?
ui_legal_gamespy.tga_0.png

Or this one?
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back