Revamped Car Physics

This overwrites the ff. files of your Weapon Re-Balance Mod: suv_4dr_luxury05t_veh.xtbl and truck_2dr_fire01_veh.xtbl. Is it OK to overwrite these files? Will I lose features from the Weapon Re-Balance Mod if I do?
I'm not sure why the weapon re-balance mod would include those files, but since they do I would imagine you would lose _something_ though I'm not sure what. Almost certainly nothing major. I would say go ahead and overwrite them and then tell me what happens.

I'm not sure why the weapon re-balance mod would include those files, but since they do I would imagine you would lose _something_ though I'm not sure what. Almost certainly nothing major. I would say go ahead and overwrite them and then tell me what happens.
I just checked them using WinMerge and it told me that the mentioned files of the two mods are identical. It appears that shitface has made the same changes in both mods.

EDIT: I made a mistake above. I compared them using Notepad++ and they appear to have differences.

Last edited:
I just checked them using WinMerge and it told me that the mentioned files of the two mods are identical. It appears that shitface has made the same changes in both mods.
From the Weapon Rebalance Changelog:
-Heavy trucks can now crush vehicles. (To disable this feature, just delete every .xtbl file that begins with "truck" in your SR3 folder, except for truck_2dr_fire01_veh- removing this one will mess up the fire truck's weapons.)
That should give you your answer as to what changed. Based on that info though, they shouldn't be identical. Check your winmerge and make sure you did it right (it happens)

From the Weapon Rebalance Changelog:
-Heavy trucks can now crush vehicles. (To disable this feature, just delete every .xtbl file that begins with "truck" in your SR3 folder, except for truck_2dr_fire01_veh- removing this one will mess up the fire truck's weapons.)
That should give you your answer as to what changed. Based on that info though, they shouldn't be identical. Check your winmerge and make sure you did it right (it happens)
Yeah, I probably made a mistake with WinMerge. I compared them again - this time with Notepad++. Here are the differences:

Revamped Car Physics - truck_2dr_fire01_veh.xtbl - starting from Line 132
HTML:
<Normal_Spin_Damping>0</Normal_Spin_Damping>
<Collision_Spin_Damping>0</Collision_Spin_Damping>

Weapon Re-Balance - truck_2dr_fire01_veh.xtbl - starting from Line 132
HTML:
<Normal_Spin_Damping>2</Normal_Spin_Damping>
<Collision_Spin_Damping>10</Collision_Spin_Damping>

I'm probably gonna have to overwrite with the Revamped Car Physics versions of the lines here, based on the 'damping' names of the variables.

At Line 214, Weapon Re-Balance adds these lines which are missing from Revamped Car Physics - does this mean I'm gonna be missing a weapon with the Revamped Car Physics version? Should I merge?
HTML:
<Weapon_Links>
<Weapon_Link>
<Seat>Driver</Seat>
<Weapon>truck_2dr_fire01_w</Weapon>
</Weapon_Link>
</Weapon_Links>

I'll post the suv_4dr_luxury05t_veh.xtbl differences later when I have the time. For now, I'm overwriting Weapon Re-Balance's suv_4dr_luxury05t_veh.xtbl with Revamped Car Physics'.

Last edited:
Yeah, I probably made a mistake with WinMerge. I compared them again - this time with Notepad++. Here are the differences:

Revamped Car Physics - truck_2dr_fire01_veh.xtbl - starting from Line 132
HTML:

Weapon Re-Balance - truck_2dr_fire01_veh.xtbl - starting from Line 132
HTML:
<Normal_Spin_Damping>2</Normal_Spin_Damping>
<Collision_Spin_Damping>10</Collision_Spin_Damping>

I'm probably gonna have to overwrite with the Revamped Car Physics versions of the lines here, based on the 'damping' names of the variables.

At Line 214, Weapon Re-Balance adds these lines which are missing from Revamped Car Physics - does this mean I'm gonna be missing a weapon with the Revamped Car Physics version? Should I merge?
HTML:
<Weapon_Links>
<Weapon_Link>
<Seat>Driver</Seat>
<Weapon>truck_2dr_fire01_w</Weapon>
</Weapon_Link>
</Weapon_Links>

I'll post the suv_4dr_luxury05t_veh.xtbl differences later when I have the time. For now, I'm overwriting Weapon Re-Balance's suv_4dr_luxury05t_veh.xtbl with Revamped Car Physics'.
This is what I expected to see. Keep the Weapon Rebalance xtbl and write these lines over the old ones.

Excellent! Some cars may do seem a little wonky (i.e:Solar) at steering (It's like a crazy tuned-car,drifting all the way through the road,which I actually had a lot of fun from it),for the most case,the steering mechanism has finally redeem itself through this awesome mod

This is what I expected to see. Keep the Weapon Rebalance xtbl and write these lines over the old ones.

This is for all the heavy trucks in Weapon Rebalance Correct? I'm fairly certain of this because the xtbl's from your heavy truck file has

and all of Weapons Rebalances's xtbl's have the same line but the value is never zero, and that the "truck_2dr_armored01_veh.xtbl" in ether mod lacks the <Normal_Spin_Damping>0</Normal_Spin_Damping>. The differences for the angular damping are at the following lines for the corresponding trucks:

Ambulance: 69
Armored: 97
Flatbed: 68
Garbage: 77
Semi: 77

I went over them by hand with Notepad++ btw

This is for all the heavy trucks in Weapon Rebalance Correct? I'm fairly certain of this because the xtbl's from your heavy truck file has

and all of Weapons Rebalances's xtbl's have the same line but the value is never zero, and that the "truck_2dr_armored01_veh.xtbl" in ether mod lacks the <Normal_Spin_Damping>0</Normal_Spin_Damping>. The differences for the angular damping are at the following lines for the corresponding trucks:

Ambulance: 69
Armored: 97
Flatbed: 68
Garbage: 77
Semi: 77

I went over them by hand with Notepad++ btw
Yeah, just zero those out to get the same effect as the rest of the mod if you're using both.

Back