[Requested Mod] No Marauders or Murderbots during free roam.

I asume you have already completed the game or at least have reached act 3. Try it out, I didn't test it out ingame myself.

Yes, I did complete the game and the aliens were just a nuisance. I used your "No Murderbots/No Marauders/No Wardens" tweaks and really liked them that's why I asked.

Who's the man? You're the man! That is perfect, just what I wanted! The added touch of cops coming out of the tele-portals was classic!

Thank you so much. If I may, how did you figure out what to change in those files? They were kind of confusing to me. Can you explain it?

I wasn't good with the "noteriety_XXX" tables but I found a tweak table file and changed some stuff around in that, that you may like. Check the link in my signature block.

Yes, I did complete the game and the aliens were just a nuisance. I used your "No Murderbots/No Marauders/No Wardens" tweaks and really liked them that's why I asked.

Who's the man? You're the man! That is perfect, just what I wanted! The added touch of cops coming out of the tele-portals was classic!

Thank you so much. If I may, how did you figure out what to change in those files? They were kind of confusing to me. Can you explain it?

I wasn't good with the "noteriety_XXX" tables but I found a tweak table file and changed some stuff around in that, that you may like. Check the link in my signature block.

I added the teleportal cops so that at the highest level, cops also would be able to reach you on rooftops ;) I can even add SWAT teams and all that, they are still in the game files.

How I figured those out? I've been working with Saints Row The Third its notoriety files for one year and a half now, so figuring out how the ones from SR 2 and SR IV worked was a piece of cake.
How I figured out how the ones in Saints Row The Third worked? Simply trying to understand what the code lines mean by examining their structure. Most lines are pretty well described though.

I added the teleportal cops so that at the highest level, cops also would be able to reach you on rooftops ;) I can even add SWAT teams and all that, they are still in the game files.

How I figured those out? I've been working with Saints Row The Third its notoriety files for one year and a half now, so figuring out how the ones from SR 2 and SR IV worked was a piece of cake.
How I figured out how the ones in Saints Row The Third worked? Simply trying to understand what the code lines mean by examining their structure. Most lines are pretty well described though.

Can you break down which lines of code you changed to spawn the cops (or you said you could spawn swat too). Which lines do what, if you don't mind?

This is for notoriety level 2

Copy this in search in notepad, while having the notoriety_spawn.xtbl opened

<Name>police act 3 lvl 2</Name>

Mine looks like this:
µ
Code:
    <Entry>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Missions:Regular Notoriety</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <spawn_flags>
            </spawn_flags>
        <wave_contents>
            <wave_contents_elm>
                <vehicle_name>car_4dr_standard04</vehicle_name>
                <variant_name>Police</variant_name>
                <driver>npc_alien_grunt01</driver>
                <pass1></pass1>
                <Occupants>
                    <driver>npc_cop_1950s</driver>
                    <passenger1>npc_cop_1950s</passenger1>
                    </Occupants>
                <num_vehicles>1</num_vehicles>
                <next_spawn_delay>20</next_spawn_delay>
                <wave_id>0</wave_id>
                </wave_contents_elm>
            </wave_contents>
        <team>Police</team>
        <act>3</act>
        <level>2</level>
        <custom_level>False</custom_level>
        <morphs>
            <morphs_elm>
                <level>3</level>
                <num_to_morph>3</num_to_morph>
                <chance>1.0</chance>
                <Old_Type>npc_cop</Old_Type>
                <New_Type>npc_alien_grunt01</New_Type>
                </morphs_elm>
            </morphs>
        </Entry>

To change the vehicle, edit the 9th line, which is 'vehicle name'. The following line is its variant.

To change the occupants, simply scroll down a few lines and you will see 'driver' and 'passanger 1'. You can add more passengers, depening on how many the vehicle allows you to.

For the vehicle names and ped names you will have to look around these forums. If you search for 'vehicle variant lookup' you will find a list with the internal names of the vehicles for Saints Row The Third. Quite some vehicles from 3 made it into 4 so it is handy.

To change the cop to a SWAT unit, replace npc_cop with npc_cop_SWAT01_mw

This is for notoriety level 2

Copy this in search in notepad, while having the notoriety_spawn.xtbl opened

Mine looks like this:
µ
Code:
    <Entry>
        <_Editor>
            <Category>Missions:Regular Notoriety</Category>
            </_Editor>
        <spawn_flags>
            </spawn_flags>
        <wave_contents>
            <wave_contents_elm>
                <vehicle_name>car_4dr_standard04</vehicle_name>
                <variant_name>Police</variant_name>
                <driver>npc_alien_grunt01</driver>
                <pass1></pass1>
                <Occupants>
                    <driver>npc_cop_1950s</driver>
                    <passenger1>npc_cop_1950s</passenger1>
                    </Occupants>
                <num_vehicles>1</num_vehicles>
                <next_spawn_delay>20</next_spawn_delay>
                <wave_id>0</wave_id>
                </wave_contents_elm>
            </wave_contents>
        <team>Police</team>
        <act>3</act>
        <level>2</level>
        <custom_level>False</custom_level>
        <morphs>
            <morphs_elm>
                <level>3</level>
                <num_to_morph>3</num_to_morph>
                <chance>1.0</chance>
                <Old_Type>npc_cop</Old_Type>
                <New_Type>npc_alien_grunt01</New_Type>
                </morphs_elm>
            </morphs>
        </Entry>

To change the vehicle, edit the 9th line, which is 'vehicle name'. The following line is its variant.

To change the occupants, simply scroll down a few lines and you will see 'driver' and 'passanger 1'. You can add more passengers, depening on how many the vehicle allows you to.

For the vehicle names and ped names you will have to look around these forums. If you search for 'vehicle variant lookup' you will find a list with the internal names of the vehicles for Saints Row The Third. Quite some vehicles from 3 made it into 4 so it is handy.

To change the cop to a SWAT unit, replace npc_cop with npc_cop_SWAT01_mw

Thanks for your help, I now understand it. After messing with it for hours, here's what I came up with:

It's pretty fun IMO. I wanted to replace the npc_cops that teleported in at lvl 5, to npc_cop_1950s (I like them more). The noteriety_teleportal file only said this:

Code:
<teleportal_info_element>
                <act>3</act>
                <notoriety_level>5</notoriety_level>
                <group_id>1</group_id>
                <spawn_weight>1</spawn_weight>
                <min_spawn_sec>35</min_spawn_sec>
                <max_spawn_sec>45</max_spawn_sec>
                <spawn_group>4 cops</spawn_group>
                </teleportal_info_element>

It says "4 cops" without using the game's title of "npc_cop", so I'm not sure what to change it to in order to get the 1950's cops. Have any idea?

Attachments

• notoriety_spawn.xtbl
    79.5 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Thanks for your help, I now understand it. After messing with it for hours, here's what I came up with:

It's pretty fun IMO. I wanted to replace the npc_cops that teleported in at lvl 5, to npc_cop_1950s (I like them more). The noteriety_teleportal file only said this:

Code:
<teleportal_info_element>
                <act>3</act>
                <notoriety_level>5</notoriety_level>
                <group_id>1</group_id>
                <spawn_weight>1</spawn_weight>
                <min_spawn_sec>35</min_spawn_sec>
                <max_spawn_sec>45</max_spawn_sec>
                <spawn_group>4 cops</spawn_group>
                </teleportal_info_element>

It says "4 cops" without using the game's title of "npc_cop", so I'm not sure what to change it to in order to get the 1950's cops. Have any idea?

Search for the group "4 cops" in the file notoriety_teleportal_group.xtbl

EDIT: Keep messing around with the files, you'll learn more and more. I started out just like you a long time ago :) Eventually, you learn the possibilites and limitations the spawning has and you can create some really cool stuff.

It's possible to make a version of your files files that makes notoriety do NOT raise and can get it do count down while you're in Zinyak's view. Because any notoriety above Level 1 makes meter to stills goes up with Zin Soldiers near me even if I'm not attacking anyone! My issue is I use "Golden Cid Stays in place" mod and it cause sometimes Golden CID spawn on places where I CANNOT reach it to wipe current notoriety (the CID spawns either below ground's / street's level or inside a buildings). Please makes something do can make somehow easier gained notoriety do start counting down and do NOT stop until I attack anyone (instead counting down to stop after new Zinyak's soldier's and aliens comes back near me). Also to make notoriety do NOT go to Level 6 with Warden spawn (or least spawning a Warden do NOT remove peds and your homies from streets).

Or another variant: make on all notoriety levels from Level 2 upwards to spawn also many Super Saints backups that to eliminate eventual new Zinyak soldiers when they comes from distance.

His account got deactivated, perhaps?

Back