[ Requested Mod ] Child friendly SR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that just make them big clunky gloves that have no benefit over unarmed melee? In other words, effectively removing them?
I can't recall the damage values, but the only thing they have without insta-gibbing is the damaging cars. I guess that's a benefit, maybe do less damage but more force, so it punches cars about like you're the hulk or what.

Wouldn't that just make them big clunky gloves that have no benefit over unarmed melee? In other words, effectively removing them?
I can't recall the damage values, but the only thing they have without insta-gibbing is the damaging cars. I guess that's a benefit, maybe do less damage but more force, so it punches cars about like you're the hulk or what.
you could make them ragdoll insted of gib and you could easy retuxture the fists if you want hulk hands ;D, this is a quick defuse map I just knocked up

2hwjwuv.jpg

I'm not the one doing the mod, remember. My point was that something like the Hulk is something kids can understand.. it's superheroes fighting bad guys. The Hulk is big, and strong, and can punch people. But they're presumably knocked out until the cops come to get them.

You know, thinking of it, melee I can see being very easy to work with in that regard, assuming you scale down some of the more brutal animations. Superhero effects might be good too. It's the guns that could cause issues.. and the game relies very heavily on them so you can't remove them. Easiest thing I can suggest would be replacing models (when we have tools), assuming you have issues with them. If you don't as long as the enemies have no blood, you're ok.

It's all about how the person wanting the mod is with varying levels of content (far more than the kids, kids wouldn't mind any of it). They're the ones to ask, not the game ratings board who as we know (and Australians REALLY know) seem to have the discerning mental acutity of rocks. And not solid granite, no, we're talking something flaky like a loose sandstone, or a lot of mica.

Okay, my plan is to create a mod that can at least be playable for children in free roam. The inspiration for this mod has come from the requests made by soopytwist and MonsterMetroid . So far I've managed to nearly eliminate all the blood, and change the whores to mascots. I think the strippers should probably be changed as well but I'll wait for feedback on that one. Weapons is another issue, although the dildo bat will definitely be removed. Removing the the swearing from the player is well beyond me, but it should be possible to a point with npcs in character definitions. Anyway, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Edit I mean constuctive feedback. I don't want any moralising about why kids shouldn't be playing this game.
i always think on that my sister and other sons of my dad friends that are kids come to my house and love saints row but i dont allow they to play because of the violence it would be good to change hoes into mascots maybe blood into sparks (power rangers lol)

It is better to report a bad post than to reply to it.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? Whether to replace the strippers? That depends on your goals and the player in question; i don't think any of us can answer such a personal thing for you.

It was never a perrsonal mod, it was requested and I think it was perfectly reasonable for me to ask for ideas. Saying that, I wish this thread to be locked so I don't have to witness anymore bullshit comments and inconsistent administration.

PS I can see all the comments that were withdrawn or removed by the admins in my email inbox, and it makes my blood boil.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/no-blood-or-swearing.4470/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back