[ Requested Mod ] Child friendly SR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mordred

Okay, my plan is to create a mod that can at least be playable for children in free roam. The inspiration for this mod has come from the requests made by soopytwist and MonsterMetroid . So far I've managed to nearly eliminate all the blood, and change the whores to mascots. I think the strippers should probably be changed as well but I'll wait for feedback on that one. Weapons is another issue, although the dildo bat will definitely be removed. Removing the the swearing from the player is well beyond me, but it should be possible to a point with npcs in character definitions. Anyway, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Edit I mean constuctive feedback. I don't want any moralising about why kids shouldn't be playing this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please move this to the Saints Row 3 forum. I can't see how to.

Ok people.. Lets keep this on Topic.
We're not here to discuss the Merits of letting underage people play the game, we're here to see if we can make the game more "Kid Friendly"
If you want to discuss the former, take it to "off-topic".

If this goes astray again, the thread is getting locked, and people are getting warnings..

Just saying.

Ok people.. Lets keep this on Topic.
We're not here to discuss the Merits of letting underage people play the game, we're here to see if we can make the game more "Kid Friendly"
If you want to discuss the former, take it to "off-topic".

If this goes astray again, the thread is getting locked, and people are getting warnings..

Just saying.
Arglaar, please be careful with that people are getting warnings comment. I believe I had every right to reply as I did and if you can't accept that, I would rather leave the site.

On topic as it is.. the biggest problem I can see is the inherent nature of the game itself. Sure you're removing blood and such, but you can still shoot people with guns.. is that acceptable? Would modding them into paintball guns or squirtguns be better? (That's the classic I think for kiddifying an fps/tps)
Plus, the melee weapons in general can be rather brutal..

The main problem I can see in this is the sheer amount of violence in the game. Some things like say melee can actually be managed if you're careful. A suggestion would be looking for a way to throw the superpower balloon effects without the sheer damage they cause. It's a lot less 'violent' when you punch a bad guy and see a giant "POW!" instead of whipping them to the ground and stomping on their head.

Really, the big question is what is allowed and not? Swearing is out, but violence isn't? What kinds of violence, what kinds of swearing? I mean, it's not moralizing so much as it is wondering where you're drawing the line, because if violence without blood is ok all you have to do is remove some things like the apocafist, and some of the nastier melee beatdowns, and maybe look into swapping out some animations. If violence in general is too much at the time, or maybe specific ones, then you're looking at removing many weapons entirely, which while doable becomes trickier with the npcs wanting them too.

On topic as it is.. the biggest problem I can see is the inherent nature of the game itself. Sure you're removing blood and such, but you can still shoot people with guns.. is that acceptable? Would modding them into paintball guns or squirtguns be better? (That's the classic I think for kiddifying an fps/tps)
Plus, the melee weapons in general can be rather brutal..

The main problem I can see in this is the sheer amount of violence in the game. Some things like say melee can actually be managed if you're careful. A suggestion would be looking for a way to throw the superpower balloon effects without the sheer damage they cause. It's a lot less 'violent' when you punch a bad guy and see a giant "POW!" instead of whipping them to the ground and stomping on their head.

Really, the big question is what is allowed and not? Swearing is out, but violence isn't? What kinds of violence, what kinds of swearing? I mean, it's not moralizing so much as it is wondering where you're drawing the line, because if violence without blood is ok all you have to do is remove some things like the apocafist, and some of the nastier melee beatdowns, and maybe look into swapping out some animations. If violence in general is too much at the time, or maybe specific ones, then you're looking at removing many weapons entirely, which while doable becomes trickier with the npcs wanting them too.

You could keep the Apoca Fists and just remove this out of the weapons table thats what makes them explode when you hit them <Flag>gibs victims</Flag>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back