Realism mod

UPDATE* Version 3.8 - 06 july 2013
-included Random Encounters Mod (with slightly less enemies).
Awesome. Just finished a run-through using the Gentlemen mod and it seemed kind of tame. Time to frustrate myself again. I really appreciate your efforts (and those of other modders). Looking at the files that can be modded makes me amazed that people have made heads or tails of them.

Awesome. Just finished a run-through using the Gentlemen mod and it seemed kind of tame. Time to frustrate myself again. I really appreciate your efforts (and those of other modders). Looking at the files that can be modded makes me amazed that people have made heads or tails of them.

Wait but what about the problem you had with The Belgian Problem mission?I played it with my mod and it didn't crash do you still encounter this?Sorry for the delayed answer.
EDIT : I will not be online for the next 24 hours due to the deficiency of time I have to go to Greece so if you still have problems I will take a look at the files.

Wait but what about the problem you had with The Belgian Problem mission?I played it with my mod and it didn't crash do you still encounter this?Sorry for the delayed answer.
EDIT : I will not be online for the next 24 hours due to the deficiency of time I have to go to Greece so if you still have problems I will take a look at the files.
After I couldn't get into the Belgian mission I removed the mod and did a run-through with the GoS mod. I just finished it and saw your update so I'm giving it another try. Anyway, I did have a no-pixellation mod and bike handling mod installed that I forgot about, so they may have affected things.

I've wiped the game and installed only your mod this time. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Alright, after a fresh install of the game and no other mods but this one I still crash as soon as I call for the 'Belgian Problem' mission. I'm using v3.8 of your mod with the all-dlc steam pack.

Alright, after a fresh install of the game and no other mods but this one I still crash as soon as I call for the 'Belgian Problem' mission. I'm using v3.8 of your mod with the all-dlc steam pack.

Ok I am going to need your save game file because I don't have the time to start a new game and play until The Belgian Problem.I also had focused a lot on the next release of my Random Encounters mod.I will be back at most in 24 hours,until then would you mind uploading your save file on some file sharing website?

Try this: http://depositfiles.com/files/iszhl0mbl

I think I'll unpack your two patch files and experiment a little. Maybe placing them into the folder (or removing them) one or a few at a time will let me figure out if one particular file is causing the problem (provided it isn't just miserable luck with save files when using your mod).

2 problems seem to be causing problems: m06_modal.str2_pc and stream_grid.asm_pc

m06_modal.str2_pc = game crashes to desktop after clicking Pierce's name in the mission list
stream_grid.asm_pc = if mo6* file is not present and this one is the call to Pierce is ignored. All other contacts work but the phone won't dial Pierce. If this and m06 are present the game crashes.

Hopefully narrowing it to those two will help. I doubt I'll be able to figure out what inside them is causing the problem but I'll take a look for the sake of my own curiosity.

edit: Okay, so the *.asm_pc is related to m06* (thanks to IdolNinja & MiniMaul for their posts in the Tutorial section)

Before I get back into the game there's another bug I've noticed, though not related to the above. Maybe it's actually a feature. Anyway, I have yet to have to click on the "$" button in the phone. I'm not sure if the hourly income is being automatically downloaded or not, but whenever I open the phone and click the $ icon it tells me there are no funds to be transferred. As far as I recall I think this worked in 3.7.

Edit: finally got it after doing another mission, so maybe not a bug, just me being unobservant?

Back